Skip to main content
Home Boating

Yamaha F300 Date stamp

rudyengrudyeng Posts: 424 Deckhand
I'm finalizing my new 32' CC and going with twin Yamaha f300 outboards.  They are date stamped 10/2018 so i guess they are 2019 model year. The boat manufacturer says he cannot get 2020 stamped motors from Yamaha.  Do you guys think having a 2021 boat with 2019 (New Motors) affect the resale value ?    Is that common ?

Thanks !

Rudy

Replies

• flashback62flashback62 Posts: 63 Deckhand
    Are you missing out on any technical advances by going with the older motor,price same or reduced.
  • rudyengrudyeng Posts: 424 Deckhand
    Dealer says its the same motor sitting in a crate and i will have the same warranty.  
  • evernic1evernic1 NMBPosts: 1,006 Officer
    rudyeng said:
    I'm finalizing my new 32' CC and going with twin Yamaha f300 outboards.  They are date stamped 10/2018 so i guess they are 2019 model year. The boat manufacturer says he cannot get 2020 stamped motors from Yamaha.  Do you guys think having a 2021 boat with 2019 (New Motors) affect the resale value ?    Is that common ?

Thanks !

Rudy
    you're thinking about re-sale before you even get it? Hmmm

So when you sell it you will need an educated buyer that understands this is common practice with all outboards...
    New to me 9-17-2020 2008 Donzi 38 ZSF 3 X 300 Verados
  • GotseaGotsea Posts: 861 Officer
    Don't listen to the dealer, he'll tell you whatever you want to hear, do your own research, enter a Yamaha forum, call the factory, google your questions, good luck   
  • gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 3,255 Captain
    Gotsea said:
    Don't listen to the dealer, he'll tell you whatever you want to hear, do your own research, enter a Yamaha forum, call the factory, google your questions, good luck   
    What the man said, +1.  CYA.  With an investment like that, I'd be aware that I wouldn't own it forever, too, and would want to maintain the highest possible re-sale value.  I'd think that in, say, 2023 or 2025, a 2020 motor would have more re-sale value than a 2018.
    Excellent points.

Thanks guys !
  • livebait1livebait1 west JaxPosts: 151 Deckhand
    Call 866-894-1626(Yamaha) and ask them. Like above said-NADA resale only goes by year. Why does Yamaha advertise new motors if you can't get them?