Home General Hunting

no restrictions on rainbow trout in south florida

meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 833 Officer
fwc lifts restrictions on wild hog hunts where there arent any hogs       who runs this place.    

Replies

• H20dadH20dad Posts: 2,488 Captain
    Morons and tree huggers. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 15,822 AG
    It's the sockeye salmon they need to regulate.  There's barely any left.   Everytime I go to the freezer section it's all Chinook 
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,380 Officer
    H20 nailed it! Didn't even think you needed a hunting license to kill hogs but they had "restrictions" on hunting them.....makes sense🤔🤦‍♂️
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 4,540 Captain
    I still shake my head thinking about the hired guns that got to set up shop around the youth camp at Corbett to shoot hogs of all sizes "out of season". What a waste of a resource that could have provided opportunity for the public...
  • creekgeekcreekgeek Posts: 1,118 Officer
    Big Mak said:
    I still shake my head thinking about the hired guns that got to set up shop around the youth camp at Corbett to shoot hogs of all sizes "out of season". What a waste of a resource that could have provided opportunity for the public...
    Absolutely.  Stupidest thing I've ever seen. Make us pay for hunting licenses to apply for quota lottery to hunt hogs when they pay tax payer dollars to contractors to kill them before we get the opportunity.  BS.

• meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 833 Officer
    the only reason jw corbett and dupius have a decent deer population is that they have a decent hog population      the #1 food source for texas cougars but still the liberal non hunting biologists and experts at fwc wanna wipe them out everywhere they can. when you see more cougars ,bobcats,coyotes,and bears than you see hogs its just a matter of time till deer numbers start dropping and all the antler restrictions , no doe harvest, limited quotas, and whatever else they think of is not gonna do anything. up north this dont matter but never fear its coming your way once a couple cougars start hanging around your lease or favorite wma youll wish you had a few pesky hogs running around. crazy that fwc wasted time and some money deciding whether or not you can quarter up a hog before checking it in or removing all size limits and bag limits      all on wmas that dont have any hogs left anyway except a lone blind boar from time to time.   gotta be a bunch of biden voters running fwc.  
  • OGBOHICAOGBOHICA floridaPosts: 570 Officer
    So said the deer managment team from FWC
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,395 Officer
    Simply amazing the number of wildlife management experts on this forum.
    Why thank you very much!
    45 yrs in the woods does qualify for something? BOHICA
    started hunting local woods around margate , coral springs when i was 12  now 57     hunted almost  every wma south of orlando     heck ive hunted a few places years before they even became wmas     one thing i know is down south hogs are rare     deer numbers way down    predators are outa control     except for a couple wmas.        wow   57 - 12 is 45         OG how did you know that :smile:
  • HollywoodcorollaHollywoodcorolla Posts: 621 Officer
    45 years and you still haven’t found the swamp ape lol jk. Many biologists I see are young. What do they know!!!!!!!!

It's kinda like turning the ship over to a newly commissioned officer with no significant, practical experience beyond his class work rather than promoting that old sea dog who came through the hawsepipe. Sure that young, fresh mind is sharp, and intimately knows the latest and greatest technology and law from his books, but he severely lacks the seasoning and knowledge to effectively move the ship and the crew in the right direction.
    Whats the limit on Halibut here in Florida or hasn't myfwcc addressed that restriction yet
    OGBOHICA said:
    Whats the limit on Halibut here in Florida or hasn't myfwcc addressed that restriction yet
    Atlantic halibut are about to be listed as an endangered species in Florida and everywhere north of west palm will be closed to bottom fishing until 100,000 metric tons are commercial harvested. 
    45 years and you still haven’t found the swamp ape lol jk. Many biologists I see are young. What do they know!!!!!!!!

i am the swamp ape.   
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 9,474 Admiral
    My Lykes Brothers Lease in 1970 costs Zero...Now it's 8 to 10 Thousand...
    Sweet Baby Jesus
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • joelunchbucketjoelunchbucket Posts: 680 Officer
    edited October 2020 #19
    There are some here who’ve spent a lifetime in the woods and probably got quite a few things figured out along the way.

As somebody here already pointed out though, with just a little reading here, it becomes apparent that some of those same people still haven’t learned some of the things that they think they have.
    Some people are succeeding at sounding like that guy that makes no sense when he posts. I don’t remember his name because he’s bat guano crazy, IMO, but you know who I mean....
  • joelunchbucketjoelunchbucket Posts: 680 Officer
    Agree that there are a few crazy posters here that make no sense.
    Hey “big guy” settle down.