Skip to main content
Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Back at Sister’s 10/13

Fished the last of the out going and the first half of the incoming today and did really well. Didn’t get any trophies, but still got my slam. Also really learned a lot about catching flounder on artificials. I tend to reel really fast, so I really worked on slowing down my retrieve today and it paid off. The water was still super murky, but did look a little more clear then last week. Scented artificals are a must right now.  One thing I forgot about being in a small boat is that people in big giant boats who have more money then sense still exist. A giant black center console with triple verado’s nearly swamped me, thank god I was paying attention. I understand we share the waterway, but every other person managed to slow down for me. I didn’t have my cameraman with me today so my pictures aren’t as good as normal. 

Replies

• tagtag Posts: 9,424 Admiral
    Looks like a fun day of fishing. 
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 2,062 Captain
    Nice...you did better than I did!
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,868 Captain
    nice work and we call those kinda of boats 'Relentless' cuz a big ole sportsfisher with that name about flipped us in the ICW about 15 years back.. thing is they prob have no idea they are swamping smaller vessels and wave as they go by... lol
  • rolltestedrolltested Posts: 36 Deckhand
    Nice job with the slam and thanks for the report. Had a big Searay put about 20 gallons of water over the bow of my Shadowcast a few weeks ago. They had no idea. Don't hesitate to wave them to slow down cause they aren't going to turn around to pluck you out of the water. 
  • sheritagesheritage Posts: 6 Deckhand
    Looks like a great day!  Where is sister's?  If you don't mind me asking?
    I am in Cocoa beach, have a condo down there, live in Virginia.  I fish mostly out of Sebastian when I am down there, but want to try some spots farther one day when I am down over Thanksgiving.
    Thanks
    Steve
  • gmiller0737gmiller0737 Posts: 664 Officer
    sheritage said:
    Looks like a great day!  Where is sister's?  If you don't mind me asking?
    I am in Cocoa beach, have a condo down there, live in Virginia.  I fish mostly out of Sebastian when I am down there, but want to try some spots farther one day when I am down over Thanksgiving.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Sisters Creek is in Jacksonville off the St Johns River and is part of the ICW it's not far from Mayport