Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Got Redfish?

I hauled the boat out for service and haven't been out in several weeks.  Has anyone seen redfish start to gather in decent number yet?

Replies

• 10kman10kman Posts: 832 Officer
       I fish 10k area around Goodland.Generally catch 2-5 reds
    per trip.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,424 Captain
    We're doing well with them along the coast north and south of the Shark river area - but not finding any schools... Generally we're working the drains on the rising tide and a fair number of creeks are holding fish.. We usually get more than one at each spot - last Sunday it was seven mid-slot sized fish on lures at one spot.  All of our "redfish spots" have lots of snook as well - it's that time of year... 

Not doing very well on the falling tide - but we're only using lures or flies... 
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Mr, GooganMr, Googan Posts: 82 Deckhand
    Thanks for the input!  I'm hoping to make it out in next couple weeks in time to find some schools.  We've had a lot of rain this fall and I'm sure that's been a factor.