Home Off Topic

MNF ... Chiefs at Ravens.

GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,799 Admiral
That was a fun game to watch. 

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,270 AG
    Lamar Jackson got exposed.    When they needed him to throw the ball, he threw for 97yds all night.   That kickoff for a touchdown made the game a lot closer than it was. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,585 AG

Captain Todd Approves

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,375 Admiral
    Chiefs look tough.  Next week against the Patriots.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Chiefs look tough.  Next week against the Patriots.  
      Mahomes looks unbeatable right now, that RB the Chiefs drafted was the perfect compliment to that offense, it's like Andy Reid drafted LeSean McCoy again just 12yrs later.   
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 1,515 Captain
    I missed the game.....sounds like I missed a good one.  Chiefs are fun to watch
  • YnotjaxYnotjax Posts: 331 Deckhand
    What what is MNF?

Thought Tampa was playing and won?
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,799 Admiral
    Garysmo said:
    you can say that again !
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,585 AG
    Mahomes seems to be an affable guy too, which makes it even better.  And even better than that I remember people on here claiming he was a flash in the pan and it was only a matter of time before the rest of the NFL figured him out. It's going to be a fun career to watch. 

Captain Todd Approves

edited September 30 #11
    Maybe they league does figure out Mahomes....  after he gets a few rings.  

Assuming he stays healthy, he is going to shatter every record in the book.  Shatter.

First 3 years in the league:

Drew Brees 29 TD
    Mahomes 76 TD

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Maybe they league does figure out Mahomes....  after he gets a few rings.  

Assuming he stays healthy, he is going to shatter every record in the book.  Shatter.

First 3 years in the league:

Drew Brees 29 TD
    Mahomes 76 TD
    I don't think they are going to figure out Mahomes, he's not doing anything gimmicky.   Lamar Jackson is, that's the same offense Greg Roman ran in San Francisco and after 2 seasons it was a bust.   
    I agree, it will be hard to figure out Mahomes because he adapts and takes what you give him.  It's impossible to take everything away
    Garysmo said:
    I agree, it will be hard to figure out Mahomes because he adapts and takes what you give him.  It's impossible to take everything away
    That offense just clicks at such a high level.   You cover Watkins, Hill is wide open.  you cover them both, Kelce kills you down the middle.   you put 6 DBs back there to try and cover all 3, they hand it off to that RB.   And Mahomes is so mobile he can run out of the pocket like Russel Wilson and flick the ball 40yds downfield on a rope right into the guys hands.   The last 20 years for the Dolphins/Bills/Jets are what the next 20 are going to be for the Broncos/Chargers/Raiders.   
    edited September 30 #15
    The Chiefs biggest threat is salary cap in the next few years.  

-Walter Payton
    Yeah they are going to have to manage the money well.  It's going to be difficult based on some of the recent huge contracts.  Everyone is going to want one.