Home Off Topic

Coronavirus

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,506 AG
    2,701 or +900 from a week ago.  What are you people doing!

Captain Todd Approves

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,339 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    I need a new set of friends, many think the whole thing is a hoax.  
    Like the old saying goes if you walk in a room and can't spot the a hole you're it
    Who doesn't like being in a nice hole?

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 2,223 Captain
    Talk about gas-lighting, I would post the actual words of those in charge calling it a hoax, but what's the point. 

They only realize they are in a cult when the Kool-Aid is past the lips. 

Captain Todd Approves

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,087 Admiral
    When heard mentality 
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 2,223 Captain
    The Plan:

FEB:  COVID isn't real
    MAR: It'll go away
    APR: It'll go away
    MAY: It'll go away
    JUN: It'll go away
    JUL: It'll go away
    AUG: It'll go away
    SEP: It'll go away
  • BinderBinder Posts: 4,003 Captain
    Has it gone away yet?
    Binder said:
    Has it gone away yet?
    In Sweden?  Yeah, pretty much.  And they didn't even lock down.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    edited September 16 #9490
    It seems that the majority of average deaths per million is settling in around 550. There are flyers above and below that but that is the number.  Seems locking down or not didnt really matter.

Hospitalizations
    Covid : ~500/100,000  (oddly correlates with death rate)
    Flu 2017-2018 season: ~1500/100,000 (3 times that of Covid)

Cost of flu is much higher than COVID. We dont lock down for the Flu.

It seems that the majority of average deaths per million is settling in around 550. There are flyers above and below that but that is the number.

Your data could be a bit out of date?  US has hit 597 deaths per million, at least according to my sources.  We have passed Sweden.  

-Walter Payton
    I used a slightly older date to get more countries. But you are correct.  Still in the same range.  Over time I think the number will come down as death certificates come under more scrutiny.

I used a slightly older date to get more countries. But you are correct.  Still in the same range.  Over time I think the number will come down as death certificates come under more scrutiny.

Possible.  I think more than anything the mortality rate is going to plummet.  I think far more people have or have had this virus than we think.

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:

Possible.  I think more than anything the mortality rate is going to plummet.  I think far more people have or have had this virus than we think.

I agree that more have had it than thought... likely triple or more.  Antibody testing is way more important than regular testing. It would help to build confidence in the traumatized public.
    kellercl said:

I agree that more have had it than thought... likely triple or more.  Antibody testing is way more important than regular testing. It would help to build confidence in the traumatized public.
    Some studies have indicated we are catching 1 in every 10 cases, due to most people have little to no symptoms, thus they are not bothering with testing.  If that is true the mortality rate can be divided by 10, making it very low.  

-Walter Payton
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,407 Officer
    kellercl said:
    kellercl said:

Some studies have indicated we are catching 1 in every 10 cases, due to most people have little to no symptoms, thus they are not bothering with testing.  If that is true the mortality rate can be divided by 10, making it very low.  
    Stop that. Gonna make DB and BT heads explode
    Jason :USA
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,215 AG
    i hope they keep the masks even after this is all over.   some people are butt ugly, and some people have horrible breath.   This is two birds one stone.  
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
    kellercl said:
    kellercl said:

Yup, I posted that information a month or more ago. Back when Tarp was dismissing everything that said this wasnt that big of a deal.
    edited September 16 #9499
    10x more infections would be game changing.  10x lower mortality rate and 10x closer to herd immunity.  60-80 million already infected would be a great sign.

-Walter Payton

Captain Todd Approves

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,028 Admiral
    Numbers going down. God forbid, if a certain someone wins in November and we would all have to wear masks in public next year regardless of the situation.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• dave44dave44 Posts: 11,533 AG
    edited September 16 #9502
    Eins, Zwei, Drei...

Edit;
      I attempted putting this on the hurricane thread, but it seems about right here too.
    Numbers going down. God forbid, if a certain someone wins in November and we would all have to wear masks in public next year regardless of the situation.
    It's your patriotic duty. 

Captain Todd Approves

• FreeSpeechFreeSpeech South FLPosts: 166 Deckhand
    Numbers are going down due to data manipulation. Unless you are staying your house 24-7 you are part of the problem.
    It is that simple.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,844 Admiral
    Numbers are going down due to data manipulation. Unless you are staying your house 24-7 you are part of the problem.
    It is that simple.
    Welcome back Cyclist. You need to research what it would be like to shut down again and the effects of children going forward. Sweden is doing better than the countries around them that are having a resurgence that did exactly what you wanted them to do.  
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 8,988 Moderator
    He won't last long

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• FreeSpeechFreeSpeech South FLPosts: 166 Deckhand
    Sweden doing better is a HOAX! 
    See how easy that was? 
    It is that simple.

So you are one of the science deniers. You probably think man made global warming is real too.... and biodiesel is a legit fuel source.
    Sweden doing better is a HOAX! 
    See how easy that was? 
    You're a hoax

Captain Todd Approves

• anglerplusanglerplus MiccoPosts: 754 Officer
    Theres finally someone to take the heat off of me. This took far too long. 😁
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,009 Admiral
    It is that simple.
    I've never locked down. I dont think I've killed anyone either
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends