Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Offshore pc September 10

Went offshore today to pelican flats, saw lots of bait schools on the way out. Bonita’s feeding and some flying fish. Dropped in at 70 ft. Trolling c&h tuna tangos with ballyhoo. Had a flat line deep with 24 oz trolling weight and blue/white sea witch ballyhoo combo. It got mashed so maybe a sailfish, not a clean razor sharp cut. Rest of the day was a big fat goose egg. Lots of markings on fish finder, great day to be out even if the fish did not bite!!!! Still better than yard work or shopping with the wife!!!!

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG
    Sometimes...Just being out in the boat...Is enough.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 1,514 Captain
    Yeah sometimes the fish don't do their jobs but being on the water always beats shopping....well unless it's shopping to buy more fishing stuff.....
  • nhkevnhkev Posts: 83 Deckhand
    I went out of port canaveral on wednesday,  went out to pelican flats.  caught bunch of black sea bass, grunts, sand perch and two really big sharks.  The second one wiped me out had to call it a day.  
    Tried going out today.  tides4fishing said 1-2 ft waves.  they were more like 4-5's.  was only going about 14 mph reached 10 miles out and decided to turn around, too much for my little boat.  if it weren't for a ray, croaker, pinfish,  I would've got completely skunked.  Possibly my worst day out on the water.