Home General Freshwater Fishing

Bass Fishing in Florida w/ a Guide - Where to Go?

Hi guys - grew up in Jacksonville but live in South Carolina now. My son is absolutely eat up with fishing and I want to take him bass fishing over 2-3 days in Florida. Flexible on location. We would use a guide. 

Where would you suggest? Somewhere like Rodman or Lake George would be closer for us but flexible on location. Thanks in advance! 

p.s. - would also appreciate any guide recommendations.  

Replies

  • FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 1,010 Officer
    edited July 11 #2
  • Paucan6005Paucan6005 Port of the islandsPosts: 54 Deckhand
    Drive a bit south : Captain Shane Procell (Captain Shane) you won’t be disappointed and you will great shots at not only bass but peacocks and Clown fish: tell him Capt paul sent you
  • tailingendloop77tailingendloop77 Posts: 801 Officer
    We did well with Ron Rawlins out of Highland Park Fish Camp. His brother is Rush Rawlins and they're both good guys.

  • libertarianlibertarian Posts: 7 Deckhand
    Thanks guys!  
  • cortrcortr Posts: 289 Deckhand
    Lake Okeechobee January thru March. Roland Martin marina in Clewiston has many good guides at reasonable prices. 
  • Rookie77Rookie77 Posts: 108 Deckhand
    This is your guy, especially if you want big bass....https://www.floridatrophybass.com/


  • ivnivn gvillePosts: 64 Deckhand
    I've heard that the Disney complex has some fantastic fishing available.  Not sure on charters, etc. but may be worth looking into, depending on how you (and your kid) feel about the big black rat.
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 846 Officer
    They just opened the new lake HEADWATERS next to Stick Marsh. Aug 10 was open to power boats..It's on fire right now with some huge bass. 7+ years of 1 Mil Bass stocked in and left alone to grow. Only kayaks and draggable boats had access.

    NOW is the time to get there. We fished Stick Marsh and the parking lot at Headwaters was FULL. Only one trailer at Stick Marsh besides ours..we fished hard for a couple bites...heading to headwaters next week to scout it out and map it and fish. But like I said..parking lots is full with NO PARKING outside of the lot...you'll get a ticket.


  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG
    GRIZZL said:
    They just opened the new lake HEADWATERS next to Stick Marsh. Aug 10 was open to power boats..It's on fire right now with some huge bass. 7+ years of 1 Mil Bass stocked in and left alone to grow. Only kayaks and draggable boats had access.

    NOW is the time to get there. We fished Stick Marsh and the parking lot at Headwaters was FULL. Only one trailer at Stick Marsh besides ours..we fished hard for a couple bites...heading to headwaters next week to scout it out and map it and fish. But like I said..parking lots is full with NO PARKING outside of the lot...you'll get a ticket.


    LOL.... Yep...all the bass in Stick and farm 13 are all dead....only bass left are in headwaters.... It's the promised land ! OR Maybe it is the 90 degree water temps...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 846 Officer
    duckmanJR said:
    GRIZZL said:
    They just opened the new lake HEADWATERS next to Stick Marsh. Aug 10 was open to power boats..It's on fire right now with some huge bass. 7+ years of 1 Mil Bass stocked in and left alone to grow. Only kayaks and draggable boats had access.

    NOW is the time to get there. We fished Stick Marsh and the parking lot at Headwaters was FULL. Only one trailer at Stick Marsh besides ours..we fished hard for a couple bites...heading to headwaters next week to scout it out and map it and fish. But like I said..parking lots is full with NO PARKING outside of the lot...you'll get a ticket.


    LOL.... Yep...all the bass in Stick and farm 13 are all dead....only bass left are in headwaters.... It's the promised land ! OR Maybe it is the 90 degree water temps...

    LOL..read the fishing reports or Facebook page on Headwaters..or can't you read?? 30-50 bass being caught in 1/2 day. Double digit bass are COMMON. *I* and my son caught 42 last week 1st time out there. 4-5lbs were 50%. If it weren't Archery season we'd be out there every week. YES..beats the hell outa Stick Marsh (for now) so ****
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG
    Well...on facebook ! If only Hugh Crumpler were alive...It would be 200 and 300 fish days !
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 846 Officer
    duckmanJR said:
    Well...on facebook ! If only Hugh Crumpler were alive...It would be 200 and 300 fish days !

    Pics don't lie. All the guides are out there. Ramp opens at 6..boats in line at 4am. Parking lot Full at dawn..no room for late comers..might get in after the morning bite at 1100.

    You got a real problem dude..aholeitis



Sign In or Register to comment.