Home Conservation Forums

Concealed carry in gulf county and access to crooked island east

cajun1971cajun1971 Posts: 17 Greenhorn

Will be visiting Mexico beach in April for first time (I'm from n.c.) and unfamiliar with area other than seeing it is beautiful and lots to do.Am I legal to carry concealed while fishing the beaches?I do posess a valid n.c. carry permit.Also I see mixed answers about needing a permit to access crooked island east beach.Be happy to send info in and get one ahead of time if necessary or unsure,just seems that I can't get a straight answer on this,Many Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,323 Officer

Your North Carolina concealed permit is OK here in Florida. There is a reciprocal agreement between many states to recognize another states licenses as valid. Here is a list of states that will recognize your NC permit.

Permits Honored in Other States

Permit holders should know that while they can legally carry a concealed handgun while visiting these states, they’re subject to the laws of the state they are visiting and are responsible for learning about those laws.

States with North Carolina Agreements

Alabama Kentucky Oklahoma
    Alaska Louisiana Pennsylvania
    Arizona Michigan South Carolina
    Arkansas Mississippi South Dakota
    Colorado Missouri Tennessee
    Delaware Montana Texas
    Florida Nebraska Utah
    Georgia Nevada Virginia
    Idaho New Hampshire Washington
    Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
    Iowa North Dakota Wisconsin
    Kansas Ohio Wyoming

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • cajun1971cajun1971 Posts: 17 Greenhorn

Thanks,will check with local law enforcement about carrying on beach

• Tarpon MonoxideTarpon Monoxide Posts: 587 Officer

Open carry while you are fishing on the beach is legal in Florida.

http://www.tbo.com/news/crime/gun-carrying-fisherman-arrested-at-ballast-point-park-sues-city-police-20150930/

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.25.html

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

AN ARTICLE IN JADA (JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION) IN 2001 HAS THE ADMISSION THAT FLUORIDE SWALLOWED AND INCORPORATED INTO THE TEETH IS "INSUFFICIENT TO HAVE A MEASURABLE EFFECT" ON REDUCING CAVITIES."

THE NOW CORRUPTED MEDIA MANIPULATES BY USING ORWELLIAN NEWSPEAK. In Orwell's words, Newspeak was "designed to diminish the range of thought." Newspeak seeks to eliminate or alter certain words that do not fit the media's ideological agenda. In Orwell's novel 1984 Newspeak is a way of controlling the people's language in order to keep the peons under ideological control.Newspeak is deceptive and deceitful as it stifles free speech and only allows only certain approved words, phrases and ideas to be used while other words are forbidden.

Fauci's "Gain of Function" is newspeak for enhancing the contagiousness of a virus for use as a biological weapon in war. It was dumb, stupid and a threat to national security for the US  government with Fauci's blessing to help fund biological weapons enhancement in an arch enemy's country.  When Fauci used and pushed the euphemistic misnomer deceptive term "gain of function" the con was on.

"Gain of Function" newspeak for "Viral Biological Warfare Weapons Enhancement".

"Undocumented Immigrant" newspeak for "illegal alien".

"Progressive" newspeak for "Marxist".

"Dreamers" newspeak for "illegal aliens".

"Immigration Reform" newspeak for "illegal alien amnesty".

"Xenophobia" newspeak for those that want border security.

"Gun control" newspeak for "confiscate your guns".

"Pro-choice" newspeak for "pro-abortion".

"Math is racist" newspeak for "we are too lazy to learn math".

"Critical Race Theory" newspeak for "Reverse Discrimination Marxism".

When a snake oil salesman knows that the snake oil does not sell with the accurate name he simply changes the name to the NEWSPEAK euphemistic misnomer "Magic Medicinal Elixir" to sell his misrepresented product otherwise not sellable.

• voltmanvoltman Posts: 145 Deckhand
    hopefully this will return to the top like the old days .
    Are you permitted to have a handgun in your vehicle ,in an open compartment without a lid door or cover   ?
    with a concealed permit. Y/N . ________
    without a concealed permit.Y/N. ________

• GotseaGotsea Posts: 855 Officer
    If it is on an opened container without a lid, door or cover, it is open carry that is not legal in your vehicle without a permit 
    a reply to cajun1971,,, yes ,,if you have a permit from nc you can open carry and or conceal carry while fishing on the beach.
    Gotsea said:
    If it is on an opened container without a lid, door or cover, it is open carry that is not legal in your vehicle without a permit
    voltman said:
    Gotsea said:
    ok thanks ,
  • denverd0ndenverd0n TampaPosts: 11 Deckhand
    A concealed carry permit does not allow you to carry a gun openly, either in your car or out. With a permit, you can carry a gun in your car such that it is not "visible to the normal sight" of another person. Without a permit you can carry a gun in your car so long as it is "securely encased."

“Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

• Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 1,090 Officer
    OP is from 2018 guys.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,454 AG
    so much wrong here

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • swampmonsterswampmonster Posts: 339 Deckhand
    There is a app called Legal Heat. Answers a lot of different state questions. 
    thanks guys  ,, ...a wise man once told me that you can always beat the wrap but you will never beat the ride....so best use rule one of gun club