Home General Fishing

Redneck 101 - Is That Fish Really Fat?

MathGeekMathGeek Posts: 537 Officer
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,869 AG
    edited August 2020 #4
    I like you Potty, but I gotta disagree here.   If MathGeek doesn't like Morocco's advice, he's free to ignore it.  In other words, your advice cuts both ways.  

Hope you and yours are all well....Mike
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,807 Admiral
    edited August 2020 #5
    He provides no content here. He only visits to push his videos. Which are sermons really.  

Folks are way nicer to him than they were towards those kids from Pensacola that were posting fishing vids weekly
    You should have been here yesterday
  • LostconchLostconch Posts: 1,004 Officer
    He also posts the videos on GON under a different name
    He does do more than post videos on there though
  • Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,974 Captain
    I don't really care where the guy posts. I don't have to click on his posts. My advice was really just that. I wasn't hating on the guy or anything. All I know is when I run into these Youtube videos with all the bible verses popping up on the screen, I immediately exit and watch something else. Two things nobody wants to see on social media, Politics, and religion. The concept isn't new. Keep your channel neutral and on topic. In this case, about fishing.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,578 Captain
    edited August 2020 #8
    Lostconch said:
    He also posts the videos on GON under a different name
    He does do more than post videos on there though
    They’re a lot nicer to him on GON. I don’t think that they know what spam is other than what comes in a can. Too clueless for a redneck, I’d call it “Polack 101”.  :smile:
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,386 AG
    I like smoothies
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,386 AG
    I don't really care where the guy posts. I don't have to click on his posts. My advice was really just that. I wasn't hating on the guy or anything. All I know is when I run into these Youtube videos with all the bible verses popping up on the screen, I immediately exit and watch something else. Two things nobody wants to see on social media, Politics, and religion. The concept isn't new. Keep your channel neutral and on topic. In this case, about fishing.
    Bless your heart.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • MulletMaster239MulletMaster239 Southwest FloridaPosts: 873 Officer
    In order to have a successful fishing channel on YouTube, you need thumbnails of some THOT bent over sporting some cheek flossers. It will bring the thirsty guys in like tarpon to a mullet run. 

The fishing community outside of the Bible Belt is largely antichrist. Gotta give em what they want. 
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,891 Captain
    First off, I don’t watch his videos. But, if he wants to post religious stuff, then it’s none of your business. He doesn’t need your advice, anymore than an atheist would need it for posting his beliefs.
    I like you Potty, but I gotta disagree here.   If MathGeek doesn't like Morocco's advice, he's free to ignore it.  In other words, your advice cuts both ways.  

Hope you and yours are all well....Mike
    So far mathgeek is pretty much ignoring it. Unlike Morocco. 

We doing good, working on the moving thing. Not getting to fish much. :(
    edited August 2020 #14
    Math geek provides no content of any kind other than bumping his sermons. Keep politics and religion off of a fishing vid.  Unless you want the minuscule audience mm was speaking of
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 12,157 AG
    I don't know about you guys but I often pray when fishing.
    Pray for a bite.
    Pray for the line not to break.
    Pray for it not to rain.
    Pray for the boat to not break down.
    etc. etc.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 10,016 AG
    If praying worked Dan Marino would have a Super bowl ring
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 2,104 Captain
    If praying worked Dan Marino would have a Super bowl ring
    Not really. It was probably Joe's mother's prayers that won the 49ers the game.
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
  • MathGeekMathGeek Posts: 537 Officer
    I appreciate the feedback.  My YouTube audience is large enough I could monetize the channel and then you'd be subjected to advertisements.  But I don't intend to do that, since I reckon the Lord Jesus is my sponsor, so I put in some "advertisements" for Him.  Lots of folks appreciate the quality of my content and don't mind the "ads" for Jesus.  If the quality of my content is not good enough to sit through the "ads" for Jesus, the scroll on by.  But I had 30k views last month without fanny floss.
    “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 12,157 AG
    You could easily double that with the fanny floss.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • cortrcortr Posts: 423 Deckhand
    Maybe might be better to post on YouTube rather than FS Forum. This is fishing forum, not religious forum. Go to church if you are looking for a preacher!!!
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,240 Officer
    Have not you heard about the U.S. Constitution. A person has a right to practice his religion. If he wants to do it on this forum or on a street corner he has the right to do it as long as it does not harm anyone. No one is forced to watch the videos and no one is being criticized for their lack of belief in the Christian faith. It would be my desire that everyone would at least consider the Christian faith, but I know that will not happen. All man can do is to let the Gospel be known and then it is up to each individual to decide on their own, 
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • BooBooBooBoo Vero Beach Fl and Ft. Lupton ColoradoPosts: 198 Deckhand
    edited August 2020 #22
    The topic of posting religious materials on this website has ZERO to do with anyone’s constitutional rights. Math geek is free to post his religious beliefs as long as those in control of the site allow it. However, he has no constitutional right to do it. In a nutshell, this site is a private domain allowing public access. The owners/moderators can control content and violate no-ones rights. Same as Walmart. Walmart is private property allowing public access. You can’t go into Walmart and preach unless Walmart allows it. 
    The constitution prohibits government intervention, either for or against religion and religious beliefs. 
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,240 Officer
    You made a good point. Had not thought of it that way. I just think it is a shame that a poster gets criticized for a post that has nothing but good intentions.  However, I realize that is not unusual for this forum.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • BooBooBooBoo Vero Beach Fl and Ft. Lupton ColoradoPosts: 198 Deckhand
    edited August 2020 #24
    You made a good point. Had not thought of it that way. I just think it is a shame that a poster gets criticized for a post that has nothing but good intentions.  However, I realize that is not unusual for this forum.
    Unfortunately, I believe you are correct Snookaffinity. I’m very new to this site and have gained some really good information from obviously well intentioned and knowledgeable people. But, I’ve seen the other side as well. I guess I look at it from the standpoint that, if someone knows a post is going to be preachy, and that’s not your thing, don’t click on it. And if the moderators don’t want preachy posts, they can shut it down. They haven’t. Maybe there are a lot of folks here that enjoy his posts. Fairly simple. And this is coming from an agnostic with patience for everyone as long as you are a good person. 
    Yall should have seen how the kids from Pensacola were treated here for posting non bible beating finding vids. 
    I think most here don’t like is when a vid is posted with no content. Just a link nothing else. If it is a vid that is w a fishing report, great. But he’s spamming the site with beginner type info that is shrouded in religion.  He is free to post, everyone else is free to watch, not watch , comment or ignore. 
    You guys that say he's posting religious stuff on FS are wrong. He just posting a link. FS doesn't seem to mind. If you don't like it, then don't click on it. Or, don't even click on the post, much less the link. The only at you see something religious is it you click on the link.I guess you guys can't not do that. 
  • Terry RavenscraftTerry Ravenscraft Posts: 272 Deckhand
    I personally try to have an open mind and let it go .......unless its something i disagree with 😉✌🏻