Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Custom Casting Tower

I recently hired Ryan Sullivan of Florida Fab Works to build a Custom sight fishing platform for my boat. A while back I saw the tower he built Captain Chris of Fish Jax Charters. I fished on his once and I knew I had to have one for my boat. It makes life so much easier on the beach during the Spring. I wasn't sure what I wanted as I've never had one made before but luckily, Ryan is an artistic dude. He sketched up a few idea's and we found a design we both liked within a day or so. From there, he put me on the calendar and ordered the materials. After a few hours with my boat, they had everything laid out and began construction.

A few weeks later, she's built and fresh out of powder coating. It has two rod holders, and two cup holders up top. The steps are made of a ridged piping. no coatings needed and offers good grip when climbing. Easy to clean. The platform will have a Seadek pad with my business logo embedded in the center. The platform is big enough for 2 anglers. I get a lot of questions of concern about the black color getting hot. Surprisingly, it doesn't get hot at all. Black powder coating doesn't heat up in the sun like painted metal surfaces.

She is removable. There will be 4 flush mounts on the bow. They're minimally noticeable. Also low profile to prevent tripping over them. Shes Pretty and I look forward to putting her to use. Ill be using it for a combination of sight fishing for Red Fish in the back water as well as Cobia and Triple Tail fishing in the Spring.

I especially like the Red Fish tail pattern on the sides of the platform.

I strongly recommend Ryan and his crew if you find yourself in the market for custom metal work on your boat. He usually answers my calls and when he doesn't he always gets back to me promptly. That alone is rare these days.

The shop is located off of Southside Blvd, just blocks from Atlantic Blvd.

Ryan Sullivan  954-646-8709
Florida Fab Works

Replies