Home Buy, Sell and Trade

2009 Panga 18 Skiff with 2006 50hp Yamaha 2 stroke tiller $12.5K

deerflydeerfly Posts: 776 Officer
edited June 4 in Buy, Sell and Trade #1
Great inshore/nearshore skiff in very good condition. Versatile and clean layout skiff that can handle some big water when needed, Run it, fish it and hose it off when you're done. Minimalist dream or open canvas for the gear head. Custom poling platform with removable leaning bar built in 2015 by C Designs in Homosassa. Excellent fly fishing tarpon skiff along the coast. I believe Panga Marine only built about 4 like this with no liner, just a sole with fore and aft platform and wire chase under the gunwales. 

Bought it new Sept 2009. Yamaha 50hp tiller is a 2006, serial and build date in attached photo's. Engine came from Mel at Ankona with 10hrs on it. I bought the tiller arm new. I had a tiny tach on that died at around 430hrs. Since boat was propped the way I wanted it I never bothered to get another tach, but I'd guess the hours are probably twice that or around 1000 now. Top end 31-32 with just me and light load, cruises nicely at 4200 which is about 23mph. Had the carbs rebuilt a couple years ago at Homossasa Marine, no other mechanical issues whatsoever.  Hull does not need trim tabs, trim and tilt on motor does all you need. Odyssey PC925 battery has a few years left. Skiff sits on a 2009 Continental trailer, replaced bunks/carpet about 6mo's ago, leaf springs, hangers and bolts etc replaced a couple years ago, bearings and hubs good, tires good. Ready to fish.

I just don't use it enough for a variety of reasons and decided its time to close the chapter and look for some new projects. There's lots of older threads on this site from my fishing trips in the skiff in Big Bend region and a few in Ten Thousand Islands and also on microskiff where I used to post a lot too. Unfortunately all the photobucket pics are gone, but still plenty of info and history of how I used it over the years. Lots of great memories for sure.

I'll be happy to answer any questions. Serious inquiries only please - eric

A few pic's here and can take more if requested.

Skiff is in Brooksville, Fl, test rides are about 40 minutes away.
Text or call:  three five two - two three two - three two nine six
deerfly at hushmail dot com
No trades, reasonable offers considered.

"impossibility cannot be concluded from a sample of failed efforts" - Edsger W. Dijkstra

Replies