Home Off Topic

Sunday

Replies

• hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,323 Captain
    Did de Blasio’s daughter really get arrested for rioting? 
    Yeah she did
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,323 Captain
    And in Louisville live fire was met with return Fire. One protester dead
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,262 Officer
    I have read that once again, guns and ammo, have been flying off the shelves. Our populace is armed to the teeth. Both sides. I hope and pray this does not get any worse. 
    The good thing,  for me anyway, is Mississippi is mostly rural. The only city worth trying to organize a riot would be Jackson, if it got bad here, it’s deer camp here I come. 
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    King_Me said:
    Can't remember having so much chaos in a given year.  Not even half way through it yet and were at this point.  Maybe a asteroid collision or nuclear attack will happen next.
    I remember 1968. 
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,363 Captain
    Hurricane season is upon us.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    And the gods are angry :D
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,819 Moderator
    King_Me said:
    Can't remember having so much chaos in a given year.  Not even half way through it yet and were at this point.  Maybe a asteroid collision or nuclear attack will happen next.
    I remember 1968. 
    "68 to '72 was some hard times in this country.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,801 Admiral
    I have read that once again, guns and ammo, have been flying off the shelves. Our populace is armed to the teeth. Both sides. I hope and pray this does not get any worse. 
    The good thing,  for me anyway, is Mississippi is mostly rural. The only city worth trying to organize a riot would be Jackson, if it got bad here, it’s deer camp here I come. 
    What part of MS are you in?
    edited June 1 #40
    Madison. If I remember correctly, your around Picayune?
    edited June 1 #41
    yes, i think the closest to Madison that I ever got was Jackson for the  Dixie National Quarter horse show
    Your not missing much. When my wife was at USM, we would go past Picayune going to Nawlins. My BIL lives in Bay St Louis so sometimes we will divert around Picayune and go in the back way. That 90 traffic can be bad. 
    We are 30 minutes out side Picayune, 
    King_Me said:
    I remember 1968. 
    The parallels of 68 to 2020 are unreal. 
     Even had a pandemic going on at the time that killed close to hundred thousand people. 
     But since there were no internet and only 3 tv channels and newspapers, people just went on with their lives. 
    We are 30 minutes out side Picayune, 
    You live near Brett?
    I think his house is on 98. I’m assuming dragons is off  I 59
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,784 Captain
    King_Me said:
    I remember 1968. 
    Mix in 1918, & 1929 at the same time.
    King_Me said:
    I remember 1968. 
    The parallels of 68 to 2020 are unreal. 
     Even had a pandemic going on at the time that killed close to hundred thousand people. 
     But since there were no internet and only 3 tv channels and newspapers, people just went on with their lives. 
    An apt observation.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

King_Me said:
    I remember 1968. 
    I don't know about those. I wasn't here. :)

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,784 Captain
    King_Me said:
    I remember 1968. 
    I don't know about those. I wasn't here. :)
    I was but a wee lad in 1968, probably still in diapers, but I do remember my dad putting the bedroom TV on the living room TV to watch more than one channel on August 9, 1974.  :)

He was less than thrilled, actually.
    I think his house is on 98. I’m assuming dragons is off  I 59
    Yes closer to 59
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,356 AG
    Quiet in St Pete tonight.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,359 Admiral
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    We had five nights in a row, of peaceful protests, in front of the police station. Late into each night.  No need for curfew here.  No looting, violence, etc.  Last night, the chief tried to talk to the crowd and they shouted him down..  And someone threw something at him as well...
    They also found a parked van with bricks, molotov cocktails and other such items.
    I've been really proud of my city.  The city that Tampa always likes to say is soo ghetto. Ha! Hopefully it doesn't escalate tonight.....
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
    And in Atlanta...

9:15 p.m.: The protesters cleared out peacefully. Tear gas was not released; police officers walked toward some people who lingered and followed them until they were gone.

“What a beautiful day, wasn't it? We had a great message today, everybody got home safely, going home at 9:00,” Atlanta police Lt. Kevin Knapp told reporters shortly after the curfew hit. “This is exactly what we want. Our voices were heard, protesters' voices were heard.”

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

spangler said:
    We had five nights in a row, of peaceful protests, in front of the police station. Late into each night.  No need for curfew here.  No looting, violence, etc.  Last night, the chief tried to talk to the crowd and they shouted him down..  And someone threw something at him as well...
    They also found a parked van with bricks, molotov cocktails and other such items.
    I've been really proud of my city.  The city that Tampa always likes to say is soo ghetto. Ha! Hopefully it doesn't escalate tonight.....
    Out of town agitators. We had that problem up here also but the police are monitoring social media and local protesters are telling them who the out of towners are.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Three Nevada men with prior U.S. military experience and links to a right-wing extremist group conspired to set off explosives at a recent protest against police brutality to “create civil unrest and rioting” and spark violence between police and protesters, federal prosecutors say. 

Stephen Parshall, alias “Kiwi,” Andrew Lynam, and William Loomis are each being held on a $1 million bond for terrorism-related charges.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,003 AG
    edited June 4 #59
    So a few right-wing extremists got arrested for conspiring to instigate violence?

Surprise, surprise.

Bbbbbbbut Soros!  
  • supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 474 Deckhand
    Boogeymen? Now our personal fears and anxieties are out to get us  :#
  • anglerplusanglerplus MiccoPosts: 427 Deckhand
    So a few right-wing extremists got arrested for conspiring to instigate violence?

Surprise, surprise.

Bbbbbbbut Soros!  
    Nothing political there, right?