Home Off Topic

Flying to North Carolina

2»

Replies

• spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    edited June 1 #32
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 1,045 Officer
    I think a lot of folks are relocating to north of our state. Some moving from the bitter cold are short stopping in GA, SC, NC, & Tenn. The areas are beautiful and tempting unless you’re born here and have a lot of sand in your shoes (or several grandkids close by).
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Montana is looking better every day. 
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,784 Captain
    swampdog said:
    I think a lot of folks are relocating to north of our state. Some moving from the bitter cold are short stopping in GA, SC, NC, & Tenn. The areas are beautiful and tempting unless you’re born here and have a lot of sand in your shoes (or several grandkids close by).
    Moved to Georgia and the mountains are not as pretty as one would think unless you have a view from your house. On the trails all you see is the underside of trees, and the sides of hills.

Florida is much more scenic, as you can usually see the sky.

Also, for any bikers or runners from Florida the hills will kick your tail. The HS track is literally the only flat spot for miles in my neck of the woods.

Then there's the stairs, if your phone is in the bedroom, your charger is inevitably in the basement. Up and down you go.

Not to mention since I lived in the Keys, and Tampa and enjoyed true sport fishing, I just can't get excited about fishing for bass and crappie in brown water. 

The people are nice though.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,819 Moderator
    swampdog said:
    Moved to Georgia and the mountains are not as pretty as one would think unless you have a view from your house. On the trails all you see is the underside of trees, and the sides of hills.

Also, for any bikers or runners from Florida the hills will kick your tail. The HS track is literally the only flat spot for miles in my neck of the woods.

Then there's the stairs, if your phone is in the bedroom, your charger is inevitably in the basement. Up and down you go.

Not to mention since I lived in the Keys, and Tampa and enjoyed true sport fishing, I just can't get excited about fishing for bass and crappie in brown water. 

Thank you.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,356 AG
    swampdog said:

That’s pretty accurate. The mountains attract a different kind of people and I like them, but I don’t disagree with what you said.