Home Off Topic

Space X launch

Replies

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,633 Admiral
    AC Man said:
    Probably wont be any better Saturday. Why not launch in the morning hours. Everyone knows it rains at 4 pm. My NASCAR  was delayed Sunday, the Rocket blast was postponed, and NASCAR was cancelled tonight. It rains late this time of year. Duh!  
    The reason launch widows are as such in based on math, Trajectory geometry constraints and spacecraft performance capabilities

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 5,990 Admiral
    AC Man said:
    Probably wont be any better Saturday. Why not launch in the morning hours. Everyone knows it rains at 4 pm. My NASCAR  was delayed Sunday, the Rocket blast was postponed, and NASCAR was cancelled tonight. It rains late this time of year. Duh!  
    The reason launch widows are as such in based on math, Trajectory geometry constraints and spacecraft performance capabilities

But weather is not considered that every Floridian knows? It's not rocket science? Pun intended
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,431 Officer
    edited May 30 #34
    Test rocket blew up today from the same company, the pucker factor for those on the tip of that thing has to be pretty high.

SpaceX rocket prototype explodes during fifth static fire test at
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,177 Admiral
    It wàsnt the same they are using today.  It's the next generation rocket that blew up.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 16,985 AG
    T-45m and the weather is still go.

Estimating 70% that the weather will hold.

Finger's crossed.

The link above is live.  Here it is again:

That's the one I'm watching.
    So calm, almost looks like they're meditating. 
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 16,985 AG
    30 seconds.... here we go!
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Great launch. 
     I’m more impressed watching the re-entry of the rockets. 
  • joelunchbucketjoelunchbucket Posts: 436 Deckhand
    Looked better on TV than from the yard, with the cloud cover. 

The distant rumble was pretty neat to hear though.
    The rocket landed on the ship  perfect.
    edited May 31 #43
    What the heck happened to the video of the first stage rocket landing on the Drone ship. It was literally a couple of seconds from Landing and the video went to a black screen saying of course I still love you a loss of signal. 2 seconds later the rocket magically appears on the Drone ship. That is the strangest thing I've seen since I've watched man launch to the Moon. That was the camera on the Drone ship they had no reason to cut out. There was also no video of it landing on the ship from a distance video camera. Bizarre is all I can think of
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,305 Captain
    edited May 31 #44
    When we saw that we immediately thought the landing was a miss or explosion. Both have happened and when it does, it's blacked out. All outside comms and internet get jammed as well. You only get to see and know what you're supposed to see and know. Not saying this was the case, and as a matter of fact it was not the case in this instance. Just a FYI.
    AC Man said:
    What the heck happened to the video of the first stage rocket landing on the Drone ship. It was literally a couple of seconds from Landing and the video went to a black screen saying of course I still love you a loss of signal. 2 seconds later the rocket magically appears on the Drone ship. That is the strangest thing I've seen since I've watched man launch to the Moon. That was the camera on the Drone ship they had no reason to cut out. There was also no video of it landing on the ship from a distance video camera. Bizarre is all I can think of
    That was weird, I agree. Video of everything else and then poof, gone and then there like magic. 
    I totally get video may be manipulated. But this was just on the landing of the rocket. They had every camera possible on the crew in the main capsule the whole time. So I don't think there's any kind of conspiracy theory to protect the landing of the rocket when they're showing everything live capsule that is Mand. Still don't get it hopefully we'll get to see some video of stage first stage rocket Landing on the Drone ship to me that's the coolest thing of all. Reminds me of the kids in the sixties watching Martian movies LOL

I watched something on YouTube that says when the rocket comes down it interrupts the video. I'm not buying that
    We thought it was weird as well, and some of us have seen it first hand. ;)
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,633 Admiral
    The Astronauts picked a good time to leave town
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    AC Man said:
    Yep, confused me too.  Unbelievable that it's possible to land that thing on such a small platform floating out there.  I still can't get over seeing one come back to Earth.
    If we can't get kids interested in STEM and space again with everything Elon is doing, we never will :/

There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
    Watched the video and audio transmission from the space station this morning and I still can't get over how clear both come across and yet I still can't get that kinda clarity on a cell phone. :)
    Okay I couldn't get over the fact that we lost video of the rocket landing on the Drone ship. I Googled it and what they say concussion from the rocket blocks the video signal. There's a whole thing on it on YouTube. They say the expense to have another ship recorded is not profitable. Seems crazy to me a GoPro where it lands seems like it would work not lose signal. I think they don't want you to see The Landing in case it goes sideways.
    AC Man said:
    Okay I couldn't get over the fact that we lost video of the rocket landing on the Drone ship. I Googled it and what they say concussion from the rocket blocks the video signal. There's a whole thing on it on YouTube. They say the expense to have another ship recorded is not profitable. Seems crazy to me a GoPro where it lands seems like it would work not lose signal. I think they don't want you to see The Landing in case it goes sideways.
    I wonder why the camera doesn't have onboard memory or a hard wired camera so at least they could show it later.

They can send a couple of dudes into space and retrieve the rocket without a scratch, but they can't get a camera to work right? Weird.
  • FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 1,005 Officer
    They just don't want it shown for proprietary reasons most likely.
    stc1993 said:
    They just don't want it shown for proprietary reasons most likely.
    That makes sense, they should just say that.
    edited June 1 #56

They made it.... Just in time.
  • fishinbugfishinbug Posts: 358 Deckhand
    Here's the stage 1 landing.

• zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 909 Officer
    So what the deal up at the ISS is there always people living up there and if so how many and for how long? Saw the video of 3 guys greeting bob and doug when they got there and think its fascinating. 
    fishinbug said:

Thats not the landing from the manned spaceship that was during the day
  • fishinbugfishinbug Posts: 358 Deckhand
    AC Man said:
    fishinbug said:

The title of the above video:

Space X Falcon 9 Engine LANDING on SHIP 05/30/2020

I'm not sure I understand your reply.  Are you meaning the docking with the ISS?

fishinbug said:
    AC Man said:
    fishinbug said:

The title of the above video:

Space X Falcon 9 Engine LANDING on SHIP 05/30/2020

I'm not sure I understand your reply.  Are you meaning the docking with the ISS?

That is a experimental video from years ago. The live shot never happened. It either was lost video or it didn't make it and and a cover up.