Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Bash 2020

Replies

• bbbbbb Posts: 1,035 Officer
    micci_man said:
    bbb said:
    I will still be going to Carrabelle if the forecast is good for fishing offshore.   
    ok, so you won't be at the Bash then, got it!
    We are due for good weather on a Bash weekend.  
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,272 Moderator
    Still looking at 25-30 from all the SOWEGA group including my folks. These 25-30 already have rooms reserved. Still waiting on a couple more to answer.
    Did you ever get the package?
    "What fools can not control, they will attempt to destroy."

RJG

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,512 Captain
    Ferris, I have not seen anything.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,272 Moderator
    Thanks. I'll check. With all this "rona" crap going around we may not get anything this year if the offices are closed.
    "What fools can not control, they will attempt to destroy."

RJG

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,382 AG
    The meat will be pulled pork being cooked by Waterdog.. Not going to try to get a list for sides so bring what you want and post it here so hopefully we won't have too  many duplicates. 

We will start purchasing raffle prizes but with the smaller crowd this year we probably won't get as much but still nice things. The raffle is what generates the most money and we don't wan't to deplete the pot we have. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • skywayskyway St. Pete FLPosts: 129 Deckhand
    edited May 14 #67
    I’m out!
    unfortunate turn of events at work. Time to train up for a new path...
  • LoydD1LoydD1 AlbanyPosts: 17 Deckhand
    Hey we are going to the BASH!!  Trying to get shirts ordered.  Does anyone want shirts?  It is close but we are on the list for printing. 
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,904 Captain
    Loyd,  what are the options for shirts?  
    I sent you a message Loyd.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    LiveLine said:
    Loyd,  what are the options for shirts?  
    Good morning, Look at the Gildan T-shirts dry blend.  There is a lot of colors.  Please stay away from dark colors because of time.  I'm going to look at my pay pal account see if I can use the same as last year.  
    Gildan dryblend and sport tec brand check out the colors

Hello everyone, setting up the paypal for payments for the shirts. 
    https://paypal.me/pools/c/84g4bgWchF
    $20 per shirt
    micci_man said:
    The meat will be pulled pork being cooked by Waterdog.. Not going to try to get a list for sides so bring what you want and post it here so hopefully we won't have too  many duplicates. 

We will start purchasing raffle prizes but with the smaller crowd this year we probably won't get as much but still nice things. The raffle is what generates the most money and we don't wan't to deplete the pot we have. 
    We are bringing munchies Thursday night, Friday BIL whatever you need to help cook Low Country, Saturday 7 layer Salad
    Sorry guys,
    Cant use last years paypal.  Created another one:

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8pdKLFoSzZ

LoydD....PM sent
    I was just told that the IGA shelves were bare this past weekend now that more people are coming to town. Something to consider if you plan on doing all of your shopping there for food/beer.
    We will just bring our drink in and food in.  
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,311 Admiral
    Folks, I have been inattentive for the last two years. Mom passed just before the 2018 Bash and Dad and the Mrs were seriously ill last year at this time. Please sent me a contact (patpal is best) where I can send a cash donation as it is a bit too late to send prizes. Thanks and have a great time.  Ken
    Folks, I have been inattentive for the last two years. Mom passed just before the 2018 Bash and Dad and the Mrs were seriously ill last year at this time. Please sent me a contact (patpal is best) where I can send a cash donation as it is a bit too late to send prizes. Thanks and have a great time.  Ken
    I messaged you.  
    Thanks Ken!
    Very good Ken. This helps a lot thanks.
  • bbbbbb Posts: 1,035 Officer
    Well who’s ready to deal with a possible tropical storm?    If this thing doesn’t turn or stall its not gonna be fun fishing weather.   
    Bring riot gear just in case. 
    We are gonna eat good and have a good time regardless. Fishing is just a bonus
  • skywayskyway St. Pete FLPosts: 129 Deckhand
    Looks as tho’ y’all can leave the shop fans at home, or indoors.
    Bringing them anyway. At least maybe this rain will slow the yellow flies down a little.
    Ken,
    Your absence will be missed.  Wish you could make it down. 

Looks like weather similar to last year.....3 foot seas in the bay....yee haw
    If the boat's a rock'n don't come knock'n!
    Good Lord!!!!!

Friday
    South winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Dominant period 6 seconds. Protected waters smooth to a light chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then slight chance of showers in the afternoon.
    Friday Night
    Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet with occasional seas up to 6 feet. Dominant period 6 seconds. Protected waters a light to moderate chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then showers and thunderstorms likely after midnight.
    Saturday
    East winds 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet building to 6 to 9 feet with occasional seas up to 11 feet. Dominant period 8 seconds. Protected waters choppy. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning, then widespread showers and scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon.
    Saturday Night
    Southeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 8 to 11 feet with occasional seas up to 14 feet. Dominant period 9 seconds. Protected waters rough. Numerous showers. Scattered thunderstorms.
    Sunday
    Southeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 8 to 11 feet with occasional seas up to 14 feet. Protected waters choppy. Widespread showers and scattered thunderstorms.
  • bottomtimebottomtime Posts: 419 Deckhand
    LiveLine said:
    Good Lord!!!!!

Friday
    South winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Dominant period 6 seconds. Protected waters smooth to a light chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then slight chance of showers in the afternoon.
    Friday Night
    Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet with occasional seas up to 6 feet. Dominant period 6 seconds. Protected waters a light to moderate chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then showers and thunderstorms likely after midnight.
    Saturday
    East winds 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet building to 6 to 9 feet with occasional seas up to 11 feet. Dominant period 8 seconds. Protected waters choppy. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning, then widespread showers and scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon.
    Saturday Night
    Southeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 8 to 11 feet with occasional seas up to 14 feet. Dominant period 9 seconds. Protected waters rough. Numerous showers. Scattered thunderstorms.
    Sunday
    Southeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 8 to 11 feet with occasional seas up to 14 feet. Protected waters choppy. Widespread showers and scattered thunderstorms.
    Dang! Sounds like a Rum Front is about to blow through Carrabelle this weekend!