King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,359 Admiral

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,823 AG
    Glad they took the dog back

Captain Todd Approves

• CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer
    edited May 27 #3
    And she was fired from her job.

Feminists- or I should say feminist infected "empowered" women think their sh** don't stink. And, they have the mentality that they can do as they please and men simply are not allowed to hold them accountable ever.

Some people resort to violence when confronted, but a lot of feminist women use police to control their "inferiors." There is another video of a young male student holding an old dinosaur feminist professor accountable and she calls security on him to have him thrown out of her class saying she felt threatened. Same thing over and over again with programmed supremacist feminists. Control freaks.

Imagine being married to something like that and having to live with it. lol
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,621 Admiral
    edited May 27 #4
    Dogs should be kept on a leash, it isn't that difficult of a concept.  Many, perhaps most, dog owners are great.  But there are some just really crazy dog owners out there.  I'm always astounded when a dog owner gets offended when I ask them to keep their dog off of my kids.  I've also been fishing a lagoon, had dogs jump in right where my line is, and the owner starts yelling at me not to hook their dog.  Use a leash people.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    Crazy cat people are even worse. Most counties have animal control laws specifically stating that pets should be confined inside the home, or if outside, confined in their yards by a fence, or on a leash and NEVER allowed to just run around freely at any time.

Do cat owners ever follow the laws? Nope. Almost none of them. Which is why we have some 6 to 9 million feral cats running loose today.

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,621 Admiral
    I loathe feral cats, they eat all my song birds.  People need to take care of their pets.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,667 Admiral
    2 things...
    First time I ever wanted a black man to just beat the snot out of a white woman..
    Feral Cats are DOA when they show up in my yard.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    @kellercl @Cagey I agree completely. Both loose cats and unleashed dogs are annoying.  

Captain Todd Approves

• Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,162 Captain
    Some people are clueless. She might be their leader!
    mplspug said:
    @kellercl @Cagey I agree completely. Both loose cats and unleashed dogs are annoying.  
    Yeah they don't want me for a neighbor if they let their pets run loose.  B) I make sure it costs them... all according to the law and everything of course!  o:)
  • supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 474 Deckhand
    She's probably moving to FL now  :#
    edited May 27 #12
    Florida is loaded up with condos full of lonely old feminist supremacists who spent their lives making everyone else miserable. And today we have tens of thousands of them living all alone stacked up like sardines in condos with their pooches and felines as their only source of companionship and love, and for many of them, they even share the same cuisine!

Lots of them eating right out of the same cans...

She'll fit right in!

• Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,789 Captain
    She was hoping he'd get the Minnesota treatment. 
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,471 Admiral
    This has nothing to do with feminism.  It's about perceived privilege and the expectation of power. Didn't work out the way she thought it would. And as a result she got fired. So now she's sorry.  Sorry her tactic blew back on her. 

The birder's take on this incident ....

Mr. Cooper said in the interview that he had been overwhelmed by the response to his video, but that the retribution against Ms. Cooper had taken him aback.

“It’s a little bit of a frenzy, and I am uncomfortable with that,” he said. “If our goal is to change the underlying factors, I am not sure that this young woman having her life completely torn apart serves that goal.”

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,003 AG
    He sounds like a good guy.

I'll bet she won't make that mistake again, though.
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,262 Officer
    We all make mistakes in one way or another. When someone is recording you on a cell phone, NEVER double down. My opinion is she should not have been fired if this was the first time. 
  • supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 474 Deckhand
    Cancel culture, which she probably encouraged prior to getting her turn.
    Most of us don't make mistakes that embarrass our employer by being a national story where you look like a racist.  Or are a racist.  

Captain Todd Approves

• gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 471 Deckhand
    kellercl said:
    I loathe feral cats, they eat all my song birds.  People need to take care of their pets.  
    About 8 years ago I had a serious problem with the same thing.  Neighborhood cats were hiding under a Juniper hedge and pouncing on birds outside my windows.  I don't feed the little birdies to see them become Cat food, so I bought a Raccoon live trap and set it out there.  I also built a fence in front of that hedge.

Couldn't believe how many I caught.  Over a dozen.  Mostly someone's loving kitty that wouldn't harm a fly.  Yah, right - you shoulda seen kitty when trapped.  Vicious.  A few ferals that were a whole 'nuther story.  I have respect for other people's love for their pets, since I'd seriously damage anyone who hurts my Dog, but pets need to be controlled.  In short, I didn't want to harm their pets, but wanted them away from my birdies.

What I came to was this:  I'd kick that trap all over the patio, making sure it rolled and rolled and yell at them while doing it.  (that was fun)  Then poured a 5 gal bucket of water over it, then release the Cat.  I swear, they left scratch marks on the cement, getting TH outa there.  None have ever come back since.  (that I've seen, anyway)

My tremendous life-long b.i.t.c.h. has been dogs that sit out barking all day and night.  I'd cheerfully shoot them - without "any" remorse - and horse whip the owners if I thought I could get away with it, but that's a gripe for another time.Cagey said:
    mplspug said:
    Yeah they don't want me for a neighbor if they let their pets run loose.  B) I make sure it costs them... all according to the law and everything of course!  o:)
    In line with that, when I moved in here 10 years ago a neighbor below me and a couple or 300 yards away had a large Dog that barked endlessly and loudly.  The prevailing west wind blew the noise right up the ridge into my ears.  It was intolerable.  Endless.  I went to Animal Control and that jerk told me that Dogs are allowed to bark.  I told him, "yah, but not constantly."  He was no help....more a major PIA.

So, I went to the neighbor and made sure my phone in my shirt pocket had the record function turned on.  He blew me off, very unpleasantly, so I told him, "OK, I'm going to make a video (I do have the camera and the skills) and when complete I'll file a lawsuit against you for maintaining a public nuisance.  I'm not going to listen to that forever."

He got verbally abusive....I did a pretend salute, grinned at him and walked away.  The Dog never made any more noise.  I'm very glad I didn't have to pursue that, but I'm glad it ended......and yes, I would've pursued it.
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,262 Officer
    Not sure that describing the guy as a black man is racist. 
    A. He is a man
    B. He is black
    C She forgot to add she’s a frickin white woman idiot. 

edited May 27 #21
    Gardawg said:
    This has nothing to do with feminism.  It's about perceived privilege and the expectation of power. 
    I disagree. In fact, your second sentence perfectly describes what feminism is. Perceived privilege of those with a female part and their unreasonable expectation of power because of said aunt jagina part down below.

Take that and mix it with her racism and executive power position and it is clear to understand why she reacted the way she did. She expected the black man to submit to her power and authority and when he- a man- did not she resorted to calling the police to back up her bitchy feminism power and authority trip. classic feminism

Only it did not work out for her.

Sorry man, but this is all about feminism and racism all in one tootsie roll there. And with a dash of PMS too and maybe even some midlife hormones and hot flashes boiling up as well.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,807 Admiral
    edited May 27 #22

During a interview with NPR about what proceeded the video 

CHANG: Well, at this point, according to your Facebook post, didn't you say something like, look; if you're going to do...

C COOPER: Yeah.

CHANG: ...What you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it? That's - I'm reading directly from your Facebook post.

C COOPER: Yes. Exactly. Yeah. I basically told her, look. If you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want. And then at that point, I pulled out a bag of treats that I carry - dog treats.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/26/862838384/an-avid-birder-talks-about-a-conflict-in-central-park-he-taped-and-went-viral

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,003 AG
    edited May 27 #23
    Man:  "I'm going to do as I want" and give your dog a treat.
    Woman to 911: "A black man is threatening my life!"

But, sure, blame the feminists.  If they would only stay barefoot and pregnant none of this would ever happen.   lol

This is really about a person in the wrong who freaked out over nothing after being called out for breaking the rules....and let her inner Karen get the best of her.   Anything other than that is just sensationalism on behalf of people who weren't involved directly.  Could it have been racism or sexism?  Sure, but none of us will really know, as in the end it really doesn't matter because her behavior was deplorable by any measure.
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 471 Deckhand
    gogittum said:

So, I went to the neighbor and made sure my phone in my shirt pocket had the record function turned on.  He blew me off, very unpleasantly, so I told him, "OK, I'm going to make a video (I do have the camera and the skills) and when complete I'll file a lawsuit against you for maintaining a public nuisance.  I'm not going to listen to that forever."

He got verbally abusive....I did a pretend salute, grinned at him and walked away.  The Dog never made any more noise.  I'm very glad I didn't have to pursue that, but I'm glad it ended......and yes, I would've pursued it.
    Think I'd best qualify that a bit - my "pretend salute" was not flipping him the bird, tho' it was tempting.  I gave him a sloppy Boy Scout type salute.  Remember, I was laying the groundwork for a possible lawsuit.

His Dog did bark from time to time after that, but never for very long.  He kept it under control.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,807 Admiral
    Christian Cooper: “If our goal is to change the underlying factors, I am not sure that this young woman having her life completely torn apart serves that goal.”
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,471 Admiral
    use whatever label makes you happy

it is what it is
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/central-park-karen-amy-cooper-faces-nyc-human-rights-commission-investigation

'Central Park Karen,' Amy Cooper, faces NYC Human Rights Commission investigation

The New York City Commission on Human Rights is investigating the white woman walking her dog in New York City who called police to report she was being threatened by “an African-American man.”

“At a time when the devastating impacts of racism in Black communities have been made so painfully clear — from racial disparities in COVID-19 outcomes, to harassment of essential workers on the frontlines — it is appalling to see these types of ugly threats directed at one New Yorker by another,” said Sapna Raj, deputy commissioner of the Law Enforcement Bureau at the Commission on Human Rights.

The verbal dispute between Amy Cooper, who has been fired by investment firm Franklin Templeton, and a black man bird watching in Central Park might normally have gone unnoticed in a city preoccupied by the coronavirus pandemic.

That changed when birdwatcher Christian Cooper pulled out his phone and captured Amy Cooper, who the Internet has nicknamed “Central Park Karen,” calling police to report she was being threatened by “an African-American man.” The widely watched video — posted on Facebook by Christian Cooper and on Twitter by his sister — has sparked accusations of racism.

“Efforts to intimidate Black people by threatening to call law enforcement draw on a long, violent and painful history, and they are unacceptable. We encourage Ms. Cooper to cooperate with the Commission and meaningfully engage in a process to address the harm that she has caused,” Raj added in a statement.

The Commission on Human Rights has asked Amy Cooper for her full cooperation.

“The Commission has the authority to fine violators of the law and can award compensatory damages to victims, including emotional distress damages and other benefits,” according to its statement. “The Commission can also order trainings on the NYC Human Rights Law, changes to policies, and develop restorative justice relief such as community service and mediated apologies, in lieu of or in addition to fines and monetary relief.”

The confrontation began early Monday morning when Christian Cooper said he noticed Amy Cooper had let her cocker spaniel off its leash against the rules in the Ramble, a secluded section of Central Park popular with birdwatchers.

In a Facebook post, he claimed the dog was “tearing through the plantings” and he told her she should go to another part of the park. When she refused, he pulled out dog treats, causing her to scream at him to not come near her dog.

Amy Cooper also warned him she would summon police unless he stopped recording.

“I’m going to tell them there’s an African-American man threatening my life,” Amy Cooper is heard saying in the video as she pulls down her face mask and struggles to control her dog.

“Please call the cops,” Christian Cooper says.

“There’s an African-American man, I’m in Central Park, he is recording me and threatening myself and my dog. … Please send the cops immediately!” she says during the call before he stops recording.

Police say by the time they responded, they were both gone.

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,578 Admiral
    Amy Cooper is just another hypocritical liberal. I'll leave it at that.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Gary SGary S Posts: 2,113 Captain
    gogittum said:
    kellercl said:
    About 8 years ago I had a serious problem with the same thing.  Neighborhood cats were hiding under a Juniper hedge and pouncing on birds outside my windows.  I don't feed the little birdies to see them become Cat food, so I bought a Raccoon live trap and set it out there.  I also built a fence in front of that hedge.

Couldn't believe how many I caught.  Over a dozen.  Mostly someone's loving kitty that wouldn't harm a fly.  Yah, right - you shoulda seen kitty when trapped.  Vicious.  A few ferals that were a whole 'nuther story.  I have respect for other people's love for their pets, since I'd seriously damage anyone who hurts my Dog, but pets need to be controlled.  In short, I didn't want to harm their pets, but wanted them away from my birdies.

What I came to was this:  I'd kick that trap all over the patio, making sure it rolled and rolled and yell at them while doing it.  (that was fun)  Then poured a 5 gal bucket of water over it, then release the Cat.  I swear, they left scratch marks on the cement, getting TH outa there.  None have ever come back since.  (that I've seen, anyway)

My tremendous life-long b.i.t.c.h. has been dogs that sit out barking all day and night.  I'd cheerfully shoot them - without "any" remorse - and horse whip the owners if I thought I could get away with it, but that's a gripe for another time.Cagey said:
    mplspug said:
    In line with that, when I moved in here 10 years ago a neighbor below me and a couple or 300 yards away had a large Dog that barked endlessly and loudly.  The prevailing west wind blew the noise right up the ridge into my ears.  It was intolerable.  Endless.  I went to Animal Control and that jerk told me that Dogs are allowed to bark.  I told him, "yah, but not constantly."  He was no help....more a major PIA.

I have a weiner dog that yaps unchecked next door. I will let it go on for a while, then I shoot off a bottle rocket. All is quiet.
     I read about someone that setup a microphone and loud speaker pointing in direction of barking dog. Thought that would be fun.
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,358 AG
    edited May 28 #30
    Gardawg said:
    This has nothing to do with feminism.  It's about perceived privilege and the expectation of power. Didn't work out the way she thought it would. And as a result she got fired. So now she's sorry.  Sorry her tactic blew back on her. 

Mr. Cooper said in the interview that he had been overwhelmed by the response to his video, but that the retribution against Ms. Cooper had taken him aback.

“It’s a little bit of a frenzy, and I am uncomfortable with that,” he said. “If our goal is to change the underlying factors, I am not sure that this young woman having her life completely torn apart serves that goal.”

No...it's not about catorgorized labels as you so hard to try to do...it is simply just another a.hole in life.  Everyone is always trying to be bvtthurt.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,835 Moderator
    Gardawg said:

I applaud Mr. Cooper's take on the matter. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)