Home Off Topic

No Shoes no Shirt no Mask no Service

1234568»

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,921 Moderator
    It was politicized from the get-go by all involved, at least in the USA.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    edited May 26 #213
    The hospitals here including a lot of doctors offices laid off a lot of their staff including nurses back in April. 
     Starting last week some offices have started back doing elective surgery, some staff are going back to work. My next door neighbor is a ICU nurse went back to work around the first week of May. I would post some of the things he and his wife who is a LPN have said about this whole escapade but, I’m sure I would be called every name in the book.  

Question, those of you who demand mask wearing, do you wear one while out fishing??
     Or have all of you given up fishing because of the Wuhan virus?
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,879 AG
    edited May 26 #215
    Fletch said:

The original reason was to "flatten the curve" in order to prevent an over-run on our medical care facilities. We've done that - along with crushing the economy in the process. It's time to get back to business. I don't wear a mask and won't unless I absolutely have to. I'll be flying soon and if they require it, I will wear it. I go to great lengths to stay away from people when I'm in public. For those who are worried about me potentially spreading it to them by not wearing a mask, please do the same and go to great lengths to stay away from me.

I won't shame anyone for wearing one, nor will I allow anyone to shame me for not wearing one.

Yes, I love my 7 year old child, my 81 year old health-compromised father and my 97 year old grandmother. And no, I won't allow anyone to guilt me into thinking I don't.
    Thanks for all you said, it should have been said some time ago. 

Lots of people say listen to science and in the same breath deploy emotional rhetoric. 

Captain Todd Approves

• Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,389 Captain
    edited May 26 #216
    Well, looks like I buggered up today. Jumped in the truck thinking I had my mask in my console. Headed to the car wash. Sat down and started catching up here and plumb forgot about my mask. Looked up and noticed I was literally scaring the pizz outta people. Enough so that they were running away. I apologise if it was any of you. Honest mistake on my part.

PS:I was the big dude with the blue shirt and flop flips, with the camo cap.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,308 Admiral
    Masks aren't req'd in GA .  The only time I wear one is when I go to the grocery store
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,004 AG
    edited May 26 #218
    Gary S said:
    Call me a communist, but I'd take the doctor over the Shands employee.
    I won't call you a communist yet. But me personally If I had a neighbor that worked at a hospital, I would take their word over a post from a stranger on the internet about a doctor at some hospital.
    I'll bet you would, particularly if it reinforces your own opinion.

How about Drs. Brix and Fauci and the Surgeon General of the United States, who all said the same thing as the "stranger on the internet" with a medical degree?

Still taking the 2nd hand opinion of an "employee" over all those doctors?
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,409 Admiral
    edited May 26 #219
    Question, those of you who demand mask wearing, do you wear one while out fishing??
    Question. When a surgeon wears a mask in surgery, do you think the surgeon is wearing the mask so the patient doesn’t get the surgeons open wound infected?

or 
    Does he wear it so he doesn’t pass germs( from the spit in his mouth)  to the open wound of the patient he is working on?

Im still trying to dumb it down for you, but I fear you will never understand why we wear masks
    🤦🏻‍♂️ Please man, for the love of god, please understand.....

or you are a troll, no one is this stupid
    You should have been here yesterday
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,600 Captain
    Question. When a surgeon wears a mask in surgery, do you think the surgeon is wearing the mask so the patient doesn’t get the surgeons open wound infected?

or 
    Does he wear it so he doesn’t pass germs( from the spit in his mouth)  to the open wound of the patient he is working on?

Im still trying to dumb it down for you, but I fear you will never understand why we wear masks

Surgeons wear masks to prevent the spread of infection causing bacteria and germs. Also to keep patients fluids from entering their mouths. Not viruses . Viruses are significantly smaller. Go ahead and google it if you dont believe me........ They also follow a strict protocol and dont wear a mask all day and work in as sterile of an environment as possible

I keep wondering about how stupid people are as well. 
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • SouthmiamiguySouthmiamiguy Posts: 6 Deckhand
    edited May 26 #221
    Big Mak said:
    Well, looks like I buggered up today. Jumped in the truck thinking I had my mask in my console. Headed to the car wash. Sat down and started catching up here and plumb forgot about my mask. Looked up and noticed I was literally scaring the pizz outta people. Enough so that they were running away. I apologise if it was any of you. Honest mistake on my part.

PS:I was the big dude with the blue shirt and flop flips, with the camo cap.
    You were scaring people cause you didn’t have pants on. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,690 AG
    cadman said:
    AC Man said:
    I don't get it. My neighbor husband and wife works at Shands Hospital Gainesville they say this whole thing is a joke and not that bad. Then somebody posts about another forum that is a doctor at a hospital and five of his colleagues and died. You don't know who to believe
    I know a couple people at Shands, NF, and the VA.
    They are all prepared but no real impact. All have quarantine areas. There are74 patients with Covid in the hospital here. I think each area has a different impact 
    There are currently 74 covid+ patients hospitalized in Gainesville??? That may be the total overall, including presumptives and rule outs.
    Sorry, there has been 74 hospitalized since this started, not all at once. Not very clear, was I.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,600 Captain
    edited May 26 #223
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump

or 

Wow!
     I just asked a simple question about wearing masks. 
     May I also suggest you learn the difference between viruses and bacteria. 
     And treeman answered your question perfectly. 
    When reporters become entertainers.

Captain Todd Approves

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,612 Admiral
    In Broward County, we do not have a choice yet regarding face masks. I'll make a decision when I am allowed to make a decision.
     https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Documents/2020-0410 - Emergency Order 20-07.pdf

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

edited May 26 #227

or 

Wow!
     I just asked a simple question about wearing masks. 
     May I also suggest you learn the difference between viruses and bacteria. 
     And treeman answered your question perfectly. 
     No he missed the point also. The masks are to prevent the wearer from spreading the germs ( virus and bacteria) in their spit and aerosolized breath.

it is not to protect the wearer

is to prevent the wearer ( that is unaware he has it) from spreading it around

it isn’t to protect the wearer

it is so they don’t spread it around with their spit when they are talking/ yelling: laughing/ coughing  etc 

Do you still not understand?

I have an extensive knowledge of microbiology, so I do know the difference between bacteria,viruses, fungi and prions. I’m trying to dumb it down for you, this is as dumb as I can go

or 

Surgeons wear masks to prevent the spread of infection causing bacteria and germs. Also to keep patients fluids from entering their mouths. Not viruses . Viruses are significantly smaller. Go ahead and google it if you dont believe me........ They also follow a strict protocol and dont wear a mask all day and work in as sterile of an environment as possible

People do wear masks to clean the room in the area of the hospital where sterility is of utmost importance. Like a total hip replacement. In “sterile” rooms you wear a mask 10’ before you walk into the hall... that leads to the “clean air room”
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,832 Captain

or 

People do wear masks to clean the room in the area of the hospital where sterility is of utmost importance. Like a total hip replacement. In “sterile” rooms you wear a mask 10’ before you walk into the hall... that leads to the “clean air room”
    Correct, that red line on the floor is there for a reason.
  • YnotjaxYnotjax Posts: 266 Deckhand
    So what type of mask do I wear?  
    One manufactured by a lawyer.

Captain Todd Approves

• supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 476 Deckhand
    Ynotjax said:
    So what type of mask do I wear?  
    Wear one of those + a pair of exam gloves for half a day and be sure to touch the mask every 15 seconds.
    Or don't and you still won't catch the virus.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,133 Captain
    Gary S said:
    I won't call you a communist yet. But me personally If I had a neighbor that worked at a hospital, I would take their word over a post from a stranger on the internet about a doctor at some hospital.
    Do you have a neighbor that works at Shands Hospital? Otherwise it is all second hand info. My friends that work there aren’t saying that.  
    No I don't know anyone at Shands. But I do have a neighbor that is a elevator mechanic and his route includes a bunch of hospitals in south Florida. He says the nurses are saying there aren't that many cases around. 
     So everything else has been put on hold until the news media decides it's safe to go get elective procedures done again.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,133 Captain
    Gary S said:
    I'll bet you would, particularly if it reinforces your own opinion.

How about Drs. Brix and Fauci and the Surgeon General of the United States, who all said the same thing as the "stranger on the internet" with a medical degree?

Still taking the 2nd hand opinion of an "employee" over all those doctors?
    No I still wouldn't call you communist yet. That is unless that's what you want to be known as.
     And by the way there have been a lot of misinformation thrown out during this whole ordeal. By both sides. Do I think it's serious? You bet, it is a highly contagious disease that to the right people is fatal. Not everyone that gets it is going to die. 
     The only people I personally have knowledge of actually having it is on this forum. Not one of the people I know have contracted the virus. I'm lucky as are my friends. I am not going on any cruises or to any concerts or anything where I am crowded with other people. But I didn't do that before the virus. 
     I don't want to die, but I am not going to stop living either.