Home Off Topic

What are your Memorial weekend plans?

2»

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,879 AG
    Sometimes with trout fishing it isn't about the size.  Those fish sure can be beautiful.  I bet the brookie was cool looking.

Captain Todd Approves

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,879 AG
    The ribs were pretty good, nice bark on them.  Still no comparison to smoked ribs.

Captain Todd Approves

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,319 Officer
    Trump flotilla saturday! HUGE turnout!
    Was suppose to fish sunday but it rained all day. 
    Wife asked if we could buy a bigger boat so we spent the day looking.
    Today chilled and did some chores on the property, did wings and beer can chicken!
    Jason :USA
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,675 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    Sometimes with trout fishing it isn't about the size.  Those fish sure can be beautiful.  I bet the brookie was cool looking.
    Brook trout was very cool looking and the rainbows were beautiful.  It was fun because the water was crystal clear, sneaking up on them was a great experience.  I will be doing this more often.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,460 AG
    kellercl said:
    Spent the weekend trout fishing the mountains.  Ended up with 8 rainbows and 1 brook.  Not bad for a first attempt at trout fishing streams.  
    Where were you?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,460 AG
    kellercl said:
    mplspug said:
    Only trout fishing I have done was on abandoned mine pits.   That was pretty fun.
    Wasn't as fun as saltwater fishing, but considering the trout streams are 90 minutes from the house, worth the effort.  Just need to figure out how to catch bigger.  I caught mostly 5-7 inchers.  

Nice ribs.  
    kellercl said:
    mplspug said:
    Only trout fishing I have done was on abandoned mine pits.   That was pretty fun.
    Wasn't as fun as saltwater fishing, but considering the trout streams are 90 minutes from the house, worth the effort.  Just need to figure out how to catch bigger.  I caught mostly 5-7 inchers.  

Nice ribs.  
    Depending on where you were those could be native which are typically smaller. 

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,376 AG
    Flew down to Cape Hatteras to ride bikes and check out the beach. Lots of surf fishing going on.

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,675 Admiral
    Mango Man said:
    kellercl said:
    Spent the weekend trout fishing the mountains.  Ended up with 8 rainbows and 1 brook.  Not bad for a first attempt at trout fishing streams.  
    Where were you?
    Banner Elk NC.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,921 Moderator
    kellercl said:
    Mango Man said:
    kellercl said:
    Where were you?
    Banner Elk NC.  
    Banner Elk is a neat area. Used to stay there when we went to the Bristol night race for years. Now we stay in Abingdon.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Flew down to Cape Hatteras to ride bikes and check out the beach. Lots of surf fishing going on.

What did you do, tie those bikes to the wings? :)
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,469 AG
    Laid 60 cinder blocks and filled with mulch and mowed grass Saturday. Sunk a few pilings in a pond on Sunday relaxed and cooked on the grill with friends/family yesterday.   
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,389 Captain
    Pontooned and fished. Airboated and frogged. BBQ"d and ate.... several days. 
    Headed out Friday to the mountains but had to come back when the office called and said we had a water leak somewhere. It's in the slab so I shut off the water, called the plumber for an appt. today and headed to Dillard Saturday morning. 
    Got to Dillard, opened the cabin up and went shopping with the wife and stopped by a couple wineries. Got back to the cabin and had water everywhere. Another busted pipe!! Checked into The Dillard House and spent Sunday drying the place out, wet vacing, dehumidifying, tearing out sheetrock to find the leak. 

Such is life. :)

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,319 Officer
    Headed out Friday to the mountains but had to come back when the office called and said we had a water leak somewhere. It's in the slab so I shut off the water, called the plumber for an appt. today and headed to Dillard Saturday morning. 
    Got to Dillard, opened the cabin up and went shopping with the wife and stopped by a couple wineries. Got back to the cabin and had water everywhere. Another busted pipe!! Checked into The Dillard House and spent Sunday drying the place out, wet vacing, dehumidifying, tearing out sheetrock to find the leak. 

Geez!! Thats a tough weekend! And here i was upset i didnt get to fish!
    Jason :USA
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,832 Captain

"I put on a shirt, a button fell off. Grabbed my briefcase, the handle came off. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom."~Rodney Dangerfield
    edited May 26 #47

What did you do, tie those bikes to the wings? :)

Haha... the B.e.e.c.h Sierra is the best kept secret in general aviation. The rear seats are quick release and baggage area holds 270lbs.  Apparently the manufacturer's name is banned.

Retractable gear? 

What does "a hard wheelbarrow" mean?

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

yes, 200hp, fuel injected retract.

Wheel barrow probably means nose wheel landing, mostly as a result of a porpoise. (Landing on the mains a little too hard and bouncing while at the same time pushing the nose over out of reaction and then landing on the nose.)  The Sierra has a bit of a forward CG without a load in the back which magnifies that effect.
    What I read seems that you have to come in pretty hot with the Sierra, but otherwise its the most comfortable of its class. A bit slower cruising but load is exceptional compared to it's peers.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

I added VGs and that lowered the stall speed by 10mph. I carry 90mph in the pattern and land at 75.  150mph at 75%. 8.9gph at 130mph. It's not fast but yea it is very comfortable. Unless your going 200, the speed doesn't get you there much faster. From Hendersonville airport to Bill Mitchell on cape Hatteras is 2.5... In a car it's 9 hours. Birmingham in 2.5 hrs. East Texas in 6.5.

It's fun