Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Mayport Ramp & Parking

Its been awhile since I launched out of Mayport and was wondering about the parking situation.  I drove out to the ramp Sunday lunchtime and it was a mad house which was expected.  What I didnt expect was everyone parking along A1A and in Singletons overflow lots that state NO PARKING.  Whats the consensus here?  Do I need to get permission from Singletons?  Is there an attendant there in the morning collecting parking fees?  

Im the lucky guy that would get his rig towed...Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Cast_N_BlastCast_N_Blast JaxPosts: 1,437 Officer
    All of those trucks had parking tickets during red snapper season last year. 
  • StonehengeStonehenge Posts: 213 Deckhand
    I imagine that the enforcement has been low due to restaurant closures.  Now with them opening up I would expect enforcement to increase
  • Nautical wheelerNautical wheeler Posts: 57 Deckhand
    edited May 4 #4
    They also need to start ticketing vehicles without trailers , make it a fine just like speeding at a school zone, maybe it will stop these inconsiderate a-holes.
  • BustedBusted Posts: 65 Deckhand
    I called Singletons and asked for clarification.  I called twice hoping for Mr Singleton but wasnt available.  However, the nice lady on the phone had this to say....

"We haven't enforced the towing thing in awhile.  Only when someone blatantly blocks other traffic through the parking areas.  People show up to park very very early and its hard to enforce.  Also difficult to charge people since people park before the attendant shows up."

She mentioned a past manager (that no longer works there) had the signs erected but Singletons never took em down, I guess its for deterrence?  Anyways fellas do whatcha want with that info.  
  • Feet1stShoesFeet1stShoes Posts: 171 Deckhand
    I refuse to deal with that zoo at Mayport. I've been launching at Lions Club on University and heading to the ocean from there. Adds about 45 minutes each way and an extra 15 gallons of fuel burned for the trip but a whole lot less stressful. I did use Mayport about 6 weeks ago on a Saturday. Launching before dawn was easy, coming back in to drop someone off to go get the truck was an exercise in futility! Every T dock was taken with boats tied to the docks while the owners parked their trucks a half mile away and walked back. 
  • Cast_N_BlastCast_N_Blast JaxPosts: 1,437 Officer
    I refuse to deal with that zoo at Mayport. I've been launching at Lions Club on University and heading to the ocean from there. Adds about 45 minutes each way and an extra 15 gallons of fuel burned for the trip but a whole lot less stressful. I did use Mayport about 6 weeks ago on a Saturday. Launching before dawn was easy, coming back in to drop someone off to go get the truck was an exercise in futility! Every T dock was taken with boats tied to the docks while the owners parked their trucks a half mile away and walked back. 
    15 gallons? Are you driving a tug boat?
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,531 Admiral
    Man....I could make a killin', by just taking a stretch golf cart and shuttling people back and forth to their trucks, on the weekends.....No Charge of course......just a simple gratuity will suffice....AND DON'T BE CHEAP !!!
  • fsu11fsu11 Posts: 2,112 Captain
    Sea Snake said:
    Man....I could make a killin', by just taking a stretch golf cart and shuttling people back and forth to their trucks, on the weekends.....No Charge of course......just a simple gratuity will suffice....AND DON'T BE CHEAP !!!
    they do it at steinhatchee for scallop season, would work great here as well, no cost just tips.
  • NeedsABoatNeedsABoat Posts: 18 Deckhand
    I watched a dude get his truck and trailer towed, parked on the street by the ferry, I guess he pissed someone off.  Saturday there were two budget trucks and a ton of vehicles without trailers in the dirt lot as well, got to the ramp at 645 and didn’t get parked and headed out till 730
    edited May 13 #11
    No more boat ramp nonsense for me! Just went under contract for a home in St. Johns Landing, across the river from the east end of Blount Island. Neighborhood boat ramp/dock and plenty of truck/trailer parking. 6.5 miles to open ocean. I can hardly frickin' wait!
  • shallowvshallowv Posts: 463 Deckhand
    Congratulations 
  • StonehengeStonehenge Posts: 213 Deckhand
    edited May 14 #13
    No more boat ramp nonsense for me! Just went under contract for a home in St. Johns Landing, across the river from the east end of Blount Island. Neighborhood boat ramp/dock and plenty of truck/trailer parking. 6.5 miles to open ocean. I can hardly frickin' wait!
    I looked at the home a couple of weeks ago in there.  Put an offer on it and didn't win it.  Wonder if it was you!!
    I looked at the home a couple of weeks ago in there.  Put an offer on it and didn't win it.  Wonder if it was you!!
    Perhaps. 4/3 Brick house on Motor Yacht Circle S? If that was you, sorry. We were cash buyers and bid $6K over asking to make sure we got their attention. Supposed to close this coming Monday. I would encourage you to keep looking. That is really a beautiful neighborhood and a friend in there says people launch up to 35 foot boats without any issue. We launched at Lions Club on Saturday and spent the day at Ft. George. When we were headed home about 3 PM as we went by the new hood we noticed there were only 3 trucks/trailers at the ramp parking lot and they have parking for up to 13!