Home Off Topic

The Old Fashion

GlennGlenn GeorgiaPosts: 1,737 Captain
edited May 22 in Off Topic #1
So I turnt 45 this week and my wife purchased me a special Richard E. Bishop “Old Fashion” Decanter set. Now I no longer have to pour my bourbon from a bottle hidden in the cabinet.

she happens to work for a Fine Outdoor Gear company and was able to special order this one with the Whitetail deer.

Being a photographer I decided to take a few photos for the company and while I was at it I put together a fun little video.

Working from home does have a few perks.

Replies

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,180 Admiral
    edited May 22 #2
    Thumbs up. :)  

That's not how I make an old fashion....but I suppose, like any other cocktail, everyone has their own slant on it>
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,580 Admiral
    Very nice set.  I always enjoyed drinking my two fingers of bourbon from a nice heavy glass.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,180 Admiral
    Happy Birthday
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,612 Admiral
    In the 70’s I bought 3 fingered bags. Today it is 3 fingers of Bourbon. Nice decanter set Glenn. I can drink beer from a “red Dixie cup” but when it comes to Whisky I want quality glass.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,879 AG
    **** I need to get into old fashioneds.  The last one I had at a bar was spectacular

Captain Todd Approves

• GlennGlenn GeorgiaPosts: 1,737 Captain
    Thumbs up. :)  

That's not how I make an old fashion....but I suppose, like any other cocktail, everyone has their own slant on it>
    Yep! Only about a dozen ways too making an “Old Fashion”. I started using that mix instead of adding sugar etc. I actually found it at Publix and it is pretty tasty.

This was more for the photography then anything.

Happy Birthday
    Thank ya!
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,000 Captain
    Cool, Happy Birthday.

"I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,274 Officer
    Happy birthday. 
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    Now I'm thirsty!  Happy Birthday!!
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 1,073 Officer
    Happy Birthday Glenn. Good to see you’re still around. 
    In the 70’s I bought 3 fingered bags. Today it is 3 fingers of Bourbon. Nice decanter set Glenn. I can drink beer from a “red Dixie cup” but when it comes to Whisky I want quality glass.
    Yeah a nice glass seems to make all the difference in the world. I guess Rum is a liquor that could and does go in any cup.

I agree on the beer, although a nice frosty mug seems to make some of these skunky beers easier to drink.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,144 Admiral
    I prefer a 32 oz insulated plastic cup with matching lid and flexible straw packed with ice and your favorite booze. It ain't pretty but it works.