Home Off Topic

No Shoes no Shirt no Mask no Service

Replies

• Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 2,071 Captain
    It's amazing, but not surprising that so many here can't grasp the concept of living in a community, and with the benefits, some certain responsibilities that come with that societal arrangement. 

Though this is nothing new for mankind.

Through natural selection certain behaviors are hardwired into our DNA.

It's the reason for concepts as old as time such as; Outcast, beyond the pale, and social leper.

• RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,463 Officer
    If you are SO concerned about the millions of people unemployed....then wear mask so they can get to work faster.
    As simple as that...
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    That's a pretty good point, RStyle.  Do you mind if I use it?  ;)
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    mplspug said:
    So which one am I? I follow the rules and give masked people, or any people, more wide berth then I would in the past.  I stand on the lines keeping me 6' from the next in line.
    You tell us? Are you to dumb to know that you could be spreading it without knowing it,  or you just not care about  other people? 
    You are right.  Brilliant, because I know I don't get close enough to anyone or do anything that will spread it anymore than if I wore a mask.
    You don’t have to be around people to get it. It can come in on a package 
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,850 Captain
    It's amazing, but not surprising that so many here can't grasp the concept of living in a community, and with the benefits, some certain responsibilities that come with that societal arrangement. 

Though this is nothing new for mankind.

Through natural selection certain behaviors are hardwired into our DNA.

It's the reason for concepts as old as time such as; Outcast, beyond the pale, and social leper.

Ok so why not ban alcohol and tobacco? Less deaths means less lives lost.
    Wouldn't our community be better off?

Back to the flu. It kills hundreds of thousands worldwide. Are we to shut businesses down and quarantine every time? Pay everyone to stay home? Why stop saving lives after this?
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
    edited May 23 #157
    Because alcohol, tobacco and the flu have nothing to do with Covid-19, except, of course, as a distraction from the topic at hand.
    Because alcohol, tobacco and the flu have nothing to do with Covid-19, except, of course, as a distraction from the topic at hand.
    Is an alcohol death more acceptable?  Were saving lives heartless person
    edited May 24 #159
    No deaths are more or less acceptable than others, John, but last I checked you can't die from a guy drinking a beer next to you (except if he has Covid-19 lol)....but you sure can if he gets in a car after drinking too many and crashes into you....which is, of course, why DWI is against the law.

See the difference?
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 2,071 Captain
    Some want to behave against the interests of the community, and not get called out for their antisocial behavior.  

It doesn't work that way, so do what you want, but stop crying and moaning when you get voted off the island. You made your bed, now deal with it.
    Some want to behave against the interests of the community, and not get called out for their antisocial behavior.  

It doesn't work that way, so do what you want, but stop crying and moaning when you get voted off the island. You made your bed, now deal with it.
    Of course that thought path is perfect for you. Typical cummu ist think.  Unfortunately this country is built on unalienable individual rights
  • joelunchbucketjoelunchbucket Posts: 477 Deckhand
    Voted off the island! LOL

If that’s your “reality”, it helps explain some of your other views. Thanks for the enlightenment. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral

Of course that thought path is perfect for you. Typical cummu ist think.  Unfortunately this country is built on unalienable individual rights
    Where in the constitution does it say you don’t have to wear a mask when a pandemic occurs?   

You are selfish folks 
  • RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,585 Captain
    Does anyone get angry when establishments require you to wear shoes? What if I don’t want to wear shoes? Are they taking away my rights to go barefooted? 

When I was younger I went shirtless a lot...I can’t ever remember getting angry when establishments required me to put a shirt on. 
    edited May 24 #165

You wouldn't know an inalienable right if it slapped you in your selfish, red neck.

By not wearing a mask you are denying other people their right to the most inalienable of them all -- and the first one listed by the founders of this country -- life.

But please tell me more about communism, Senator McCarthy.  lol
    LOL. Kinda like saying not getting tested equates to denying others of their right to life. 

A little ridiculous, wouldn’t you say?
  • FloridaMetalFabFloridaMetalFab North CubaPosts: 1,028 Officer

Where in the constitution does it say you don’t have to wear a mask when a pandemic occurs?   

You are selfish folks 

This is a perfect "Do you still beat your wife?" question.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    Redaction said:
    Does anyone get angry when establishments require you to wear shoes? What if I don’t want to wear shoes? Are they taking away my rights to go barefooted? 

When I was younger I went shirtless a lot...I can’t ever remember getting angry when establishments required me to put a shirt on. 
    Great point!
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    Hygiene is great except when we dont like to practice it - Imgflip
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.

You wouldn't know an inalienable right if it slapped you in your selfish, red neck.

By not wearing a mask you are denying other people their right to the most inalienable of them all -- and the first one listed by the founders of this country -- life.

But please tell me more about communism, Senator McCarthy.  lol

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Interesting you should bring up whats first as being the most important since we tossed that in the trash in March.

LOL. Kinda like saying not getting tested equates to denying others of their right to life. 

Not really.  That's why you wear a mask in the first place, silly Joe.
    edited May 24 #172

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Interesting you should bring up whats first as being the most important since we tossed that in the trash in March.

Perhaps you might point out which part of the first Amendment is violated by having to wear a mask, much less on private property as required by the property owner, Mr. Constitutional Scholar.

HINT: It ain't the Congress that's making any law, and wearing a mask doesn't violate the 1st Amendment.   

Not really.  That's why you wear a mask in the first place, silly Joe.
    Zooooom!!!!!
    edited May 24 #174
    Joe, You couldn't talk over my head if you had your kid who actually graduated high school do the typing for you.  Keep trying though, it's cute.
    You may not realize that, just like keeping at least 6 feet between you and the people around you, using masks correctly isn’t a guarantee that you won’t pass your cooties along to others. Throw in the fact that most don’t even know how to use them correctly, let alone do it when they do, and their actual benefit is reduced even more.

Better than nothing? Sure. 

Kind of like keeping your distance.
    Joe, You couldn't talk over my head if you had your kid who actually graduated high school do the typing for you.  Keep trying though, it's cute.
    It’s a joke about your penchant to change subjects rather than answer questions when you’re losing an argument. I see you still haven’t picked up on that though. Thank you for the ad hominem! It was a nice touch. 

Back to your school now. 

Amendment I

Perhaps you might point out which part of the first Amendment is violated by having to wear a mask, much less on private property as required by the property owner, Mr. Constitutional Scholar.

HINT: It ain't the Congress that's making any law, and wearing a mask doesn't violate the 1st Amendment.   
    I guess you missed all of the gestapo tactics being enacted on businesses and churches peaceably assembling on their private property.
    edited May 24 #178
    It’s a joke about your penchant to change subjects rather than answer questions when you’re losing an argument. I see you still haven’t picked up on that though. Thank you for the ad hominem! It was a nice touch. 

Back to your school now. 

A joke?  Don't quit your day job, Joe, because I don't think you have a future in comedy, much less grasped the concept of the reply "Zooooom!!!!!"

I answered your silly question with the first two words of my response, then again in the 2nd sentence, and not to mention in an earlier post.

I know reading and remembering is hard work, but please try a little harder, as it gets tiring having to repeat myself enough times for you to catch on.
    edited May 24 #179

Amendment I

I guess you missed all of the gestapo tactics being enacted on businesses and churches peaceably assembling on their private property.
    They're routing up the business owners and churchgoers and putting them in ghettos and gassing them?

You're right, I must have missed that part.

On a related note, was that you ignoring a question and changing the subject?  You better be careful, or Joe might take you to GED class with him.

Back to your school now. 

A joke?  Don't quit your day job, Joe, because I don't think you have a future in comedy, much less grasped the concept of the reply "Zooooom!!!!!"

I answered your silly question with the first two words of my response, then again in the 2nd sentence, and not to mention in an earlier post.

I know reading and remembering is hard work, but please try a little harder, as it gets tiring having to repeat myself enough times for you to catch on.
    Zoooooom!!!! LOL
    I love watching his antics when he’s losing. Almost as much fun as playing a fish!!!!