Home Classifieds: General

LP s-3000 reel/ rod spooled with monel for sale

probate-rprobate-r Posts: 418 Deckhand
I have a workhorse or LP s-3000 electric reel spooled with monel on a HD rod for sale.  I believe this motor is mounted on a Penn 12/0 senator reel.  The setup is in very good working condition.  Cosmetically its in an OK condition, as its showing its age.  This reel runs on the 24v battery system, has a ton of torque and is perfect for deep drop bottom fishing with heavy weights (without the monel) or high speed wahoo trolling (with the monel).  This reel is heavy, between the full spool of monel and the weight of the motor/ reel/ HD aftco bent butt rod) but  bulletproof.  The reel was fished on a 68 viking for a year and a half in the bahamas (not mine.... a friends boat) and was professionally maintained, and then has sat in my garage for the last 6 years or so while I used its twin that is filled with braid instead of monel.  I just bought a new swordfish electric reel so I can't envision needing this one except for the rare occasion I go wahoo fishing, so I am hoping someone will find a good home for this workhorse as it still has a lot of life in it.  I can't find much online in regards to a value so I am open to offers, and won't be offended.  Due to the weight, I would prefer a FTF and/ or local pickup in the south Florida area as I'm not sure how easy it would be to ship.  Pictures to follow momentarily.
Intrepid 370 - "My Favorite"

Replies