Home Boating

Boat Cover 29 Ocean Runner

rudyengrudyeng Posts: 424 Deckhand
Need a full cover for a 29' Ocean Runner but the pricing is around $ 2,500 in Miami.  Price seems high. Any ideas. I would only use the boat for around a year.  I have a new CC coming out towards the end of this year and plan to sell the OR.

Thanks

Replies

• The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,661 Captain
    edited April 2020 #2
    Not worth it for just a year. Custom covers are expensive.

i paid almost $1000 for a custom cover for my catamaran that is considerable smaller then your boat. and the shop didn't even need to see the boat since i gave them the original cover for them to copy. Which seemed to throw them a curve, since they were accustomed to measuring a boat rather then coping a cover. Their copy was not near as good for fit as the original cover that the dealer had made for the boat, but was superior in material and sewing.
    Giimoozaabi
  • GotseaGotsea Posts: 860 Officer
    Rudy I don't know how sophisticated you want your cover to be, but I bought one on line for mime 25 WA I paid $270.00 for it 2 years ago and still fine, fits and does its job, at  that price if it last 3 years is a good investment, but he shape it is still in I think I can get 5 years out it, cheers 
  • rudyengrudyeng Posts: 424 Deckhand
    Thanks guys !

The online version for a 30' CC is about $ 900 and may last 2-3 years.  I may end up doing that.  My neighbor's tree is damaging my gel coat. I clean the boat and a day later it is full of leaves and debris (Seeds ??). they bleed out a brown film. Very hard to clean.
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 889 Officer
      You could go to BPS and get the boat cover that has the 5 year warranty.
    Over the years must have got 4 boat covers because they all got holes
    after 4.5 years.However a BPS mgr.said"That's it,you get one more boat
    cover,because our computer says this would your 5th cover!" 
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,661 Captain
    edited April 2020 #6

BPS is closed In Miami Dade County temporary for the pandemic so he would have to order the cover and have it shipped.

Sounds like a Bottle Brush Tree. Years ago at a previous house i had the
    same problem with a neighbor's Bottle Brush Tree then Hurricane Andrew did me a favor and blew it over. 
    Giimoozaabi
  • bodaciousbodacious Posts: 30 Deckhand
    i just had a cover made. for a 28 contender. very good quality $1800 if you want the info let me know.
    Yes please forward the contact info

Thanks !!

Rudy

• bodaciousbodacious Posts: 30 Deckhand
    pepe, 786-487-5866
    Try national boat covers, the way I look at this is same way I look at the furniture for the family room, don't buy a $6K set because after 4 years they have seen a lot of use and look ware out, but you don't want to through them away, I buy $1K set and through it away every two years, always have good looking sectional sofas 
    Thank you guys for your help !

National Boat Covers had a 65% discount on boat covers.  I ordered it today

Thanks 

Rudy
    edited April 2020 #13
    Update. National boat cover, Boat tarp. A little undersized but covers everything i need and keeps bilge clean and dry.  FYI: if you order one make sure you go a little bigger than you think.  Hopefully i can get a season out of it. Love the straps. Cost $ 130.

Excellent, yup you could have order a size  bigger, I am positive that you can get a couple of seasons out of it, no bad for the price