Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

FYI;Rural King, Crystal River

The management of the CR Rural King has now refused to sell our Citrus County first responders any more bulk bottled water. We were purchasing a pallett approximately every 10 days. These are the folks who are responding to your vehicle accidents, house fires , etc. The logistics team is scrambling to supply our teams. Please consider reaching out to their corporate website and implore them to help your community out. I am on the team and need your help. 
somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
IBEW LU 433

Replies

• GlennGlenn GeorgiaPosts: 1,737 Captain
    Maybe it is a supply issue on their end where they are unable to obtain extra on their orders. Just speculating...

I would think the State should have a supply available from out of the FEMA warehouses.

• ocalaocala Posts: 195 Deckhand
    What if you made a special request to Publix, WD etc. Go straight to the manager and explain the situation. They get deliveries throughout the week so if the product is available I'm sure you could get it for their price.
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,871 Captain
    All the above is being done. FEMA and the State are maxed out. Sad that our local stores won't help....
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • LauriemottLauriemott Dunnellon Posts: 1 Greenhorn
     Call Pepsi directly.  They can sell water to first responder organizations as special events. Delivered several pallets of Aquafina and Gatorade To Gov agency today.  
     Call Pepsi directly.  They can sell water to first responder organizations as special events. Delivered several pallets of Aquafina and Gatorade To Gov agency today.  
    Thank you !  I sent your info to my Captain.
    IBEW LU 433
  • captbonefishcaptbonefish UmatilaPosts: 910 Officer
    Ever consider refilling your empty bottles with tap water?
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,806 Captain
    Ever consider refilling your empty bottles with tap water?

Sterilizing the bottles might be an issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MichimanMichiman Posts: 76 Deckhand
    Can't you sterilize or rinse the bottles you use personally? Re-use your own bottles.
    Or, buy a plastic cooler with a spout., clean it, fill it with ice and water, then drink from it. Write your name on it so others don't drink from it (like we did in 2nd grade). Clean and reuse as necessary. Not rocket science.
    They are purchasing in BULK. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They are purchasing in BULK

I rest my case. These are for our fire department...
    IBEW LU 433
  • StressReeliefStressReelief OcalaPosts: 35 Deckhand
    DOCKSIDE said:
    The management of the CR Rural King has now refused to sell our Citrus County first responders any more bulk bottled water. We were purchasing a pallett approximately every 10 days. These are the folks who are responding to your vehicle accidents, house fires , etc. The logistics team is scrambling to supply our teams. Please consider reaching out to their corporate website and implore them to help your community out. I am on the team and need your help. 
    I'm 90% certain I could source a pallet of water from my purveyor in Ocala. I understand that's not your point, I'm just offering a resolve.
    DOCKSIDE SAID:
    The management of the CR Rural King has now refused to sell our Citrus County first responders any more bulk bottled water.
    It is crazy to treat our first responders like that. I will send an email. Maybe if they get enough, they will change their minds. No way it should be an issue in the first place. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ruralking.com/in-store-feedback
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,335 Moderator
    Possible they are getting limited deliveries and have to ration. Like bread and TP so everyone has an opportunity to purchase.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    Drive to Walmart, buy however many plastic water bottles you feel you need, so everyone can have their own, and utilize tap water. 

I'm not sure how any of today's generation would have made it before bottled water. Jeez. God knows how many of those things litter the world, am I'm no tree hugger. But dang.
    This ^^^
    Except, go anywhere except wal mart to get the bottles. 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 700 Officer
    Drive to Walmart, buy however many plastic water bottles you feel you need, so everyone can have their own, and utilize tap water. 

I'm not sure how any of today's generation would have made it before bottled water. Jeez. God knows how many of those things litter the world, am I'm no tree hugger. But dang.
    Absolutely ! ! !  I flatly refuse to pay $1 or $2 for a small bottle of water.  Seems like the big thing now is to add a little salt to it, call it "enhanced" or somesuch and charge thru the nose.  BS.  Local tap water tastes terrible, so I run it thru a Brita pitcher and store a gallon at a time in refer.  Works great.  I save empty 20 oz Pepsi bottles to fill and take with me and for hiking, I fill the Camelbak from the pitcher.  It stays cold for a long time, too, which is appreciated on a hot day.
  • HARRYDHARRYD Posts: 238 Deckhand
    First time I ever heard of anyone playing the "first responder"  card. Find it hard to believe that a sincere first responder would use the card for sympathy and try to cause harm to a business. I have great admiration for these people. Not for anyone that perpetuates this without hearing the "rest of the story".
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,040 Captain
    Good luck Dockside.
    Amazed by some of the  ignorant responses here.
    Let us know if you get things worked out. Thank You for giving a **** 😉
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
    Good luck Dockside.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,177 Captain
    edited April 14 #22
    There’s a whole lot of W T F in this thread. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    4WARD said:
    Good luck Dockside.
    Thanks my friend. Walmart came through with a pallet on Thursday.  Logistics support for our front line fire-rescue teams is a struggle just as it is for you. 
    IBEW LU 433
    DOCKSIDE said:
    4WARD said:
    Good luck Dockside.
    Thanks my friend. Walmart came through with a pallet on Thursday.  Logistics support for our front line fire-rescue teams is a struggle just as it is for you. 
    Good for you. With all the numerous local fires, thank God for logististics. Without a new pallet of fresh plastic water bottles, gosh knows what would have happened. 

Thankfully, a bunch of brand new plastic trash will be introduced into the environment. A whole pallet. 

And the fires will be extinguished. Good for water bottles!!!!!?
    My oldest and closest friend in this world is a medic.
    Army, paramedic, ER nurse and finally a flight medic until his body could not keep up.
     I watched him work 100+ hour weeks for wayy too many years.
    Hits home for me. Those guys deserve so much more than water bottles and arrogant “suck it up” solutions.
    Rant over
    Posting on top of me was nothing short of precious.
  • briankinley2004briankinley2004 tarpon springsPosts: 6 Deckhand
    When I was a kid we drank straight from the fire hose

4WARD said:
    My oldest and closest friend in this world is a medic.
    Army, paramedic, ER nurse and finally a flight medic until his body could not keep up.
     I watched him work 100+ hour weeks for wayy too many years.
    Hits home for me. Those guys deserve so much more than water bottles and arrogant “suck it up” solutions.
    Rant over
    The current generation deserves everything delivered on a silver pallet. How callous of me. Even plastic water bottles.
    ZZZzzzz...pop.
    your leader just snapped. LOL
    4WARD said:
    ZZZzzzz...pop.
    your leader just snapped. LOL
    Just amazed that you didnt step up and provide plastic to the truly suffering. In these times, everyone should have a pallet of fresh plastic delivered to them at once!!!!

Shame on all of us!!!!
    Pitch rod at the ready.
    “A”for effort buddy.