Home Off Topic

Lynyrd Skynyrd Launch Defiant New Song "Last Of The Street Survivors"

CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer

www.loudersound.com/news/lynyrd-skynyrd-launch-new-song-last-of-the-street-survivors

Lynyrd Skynyrd launch defiant new song Last Of The Street Survivors

By Fraser Lewry (Classic Rock) an hour ago

Lynyrd Skynyrd's Last Of The Street Survivors is available as a free download

Lynyrd Skynyrd have released a new song, Last Of The Street Survivors.

The band announced the news on social media, saying, "As promised, here’s a little gift from our Skynyrd family to yours – a new song entitled Last of the Street Survivors. You can stream and download it for free for a week."

The song, a towering ballad that's defiantly Skynyrd, was written by Gary Rossington, Johnny Van Zant, Rickey Medlocke and Tom Hambridge.

Lynyrd Skynyrd are due to headline this year's Ramblin' Man Fair, which is scheduled to take place at Mote Park in Kent, on July 17, 18 and 19, 2020. It's the band's only UK show of 2020.

Organisers say: “With over 50 years in the music business, they have been through tragedy and all that rock’n’roll could throw at them and have always come out on top.

“This is part of their farewell tour and it just maybe your last chance to catch them live.”

Other bands lined up for Ramblin' Man include Clutch, Hawkwind, Big Big Train, Phil Campbell And The **** Sons and Monster Truck. Tickets are on sale now.

Download Last of the Street Survivors. Click This Link!

www.artistic.io/u/lp/Lynyrd-Skynyrd/t/c-b1AbFlNK92i7b4-QIOpsHBt3Z2gZ-QrTCSjxG-QkW8Ab/m/e/Last-Of-The-Street-Survivors.htm

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,263 AG
    I thought he died

Captain Todd Approves

• CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer
    He did! This band is what is left. Leftovers. Still making music though.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-sep-21-la-me-leonard-skinner-20100921-story.html

Leonard Skinner dies at 77; gym teacher was namesake of rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd

By TIMES STAFF REPORTS
    SEP. 21, 2010
    12 AM

Leonard Skinner, a Florida high school gym teacher and coach who was the inspiration for the name of the Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd, has died. He was 77.

• MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain
    not interested at this point of my life...lynyrd skinner was fun 30 yrs ago....but not really interested now.
    how mush free bird and T for texas can a guy live with......;
    some southern rock anthems just get stale...with no meaning.... 
  • cuckoocuckoo Posts: 110 Deckhand
    Believe they played that at Strawberry Festival in Plant City last month. Hits home. 
    Simple Man was the song dedicated to my son on his birth date back in 2/26/90 when you could still call up a station and make that request. As mentioned in this song their memories live on!  
    God is great... Beer is good... And people are crazy!
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 8,593 Moderator
    A great band whose memory lives on today for many. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,857 Admiral
    I saw them at the Hollywood Sportatorium in '77 in what was to be one of their last few performances before the plane crash. Although the survivors made a comeback with Ronnie's brother, they just weren't the same for me. Ronnie had a certain "soul" when he sang that could not be duplicated.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

I saw them at the Hollywood Sportatorium in '77 in what was to be one of their last few performances before the plane crash. Although the survivors made a comeback with Ronnie's brother, they just weren't the same for me. Ronnie had a certain "soul" when he sang that could not be duplicated.
    I totally agree!

I knew some of the band members and one of them told me many years ago that at least 7 people died as a result of that show you mentioned. One man climbed into the rafters and fell some 40 feet to his death. Others from drug overdose, violence, and at least 2 who died in a car on the way to that show through Alligator alley ran off the road and into the water and died that way. it always bothered this particular band member to hear about people dying just because of their shows. Hard to imagine how many died throughout their career from 1970 to 1977.

This new band simply does not have the soul the old band once did. All dead and gone now, but at least they keep the name and old music alive is about all that tribute band is good for these days.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,927 Admiral
    MACD said:
    how mush free bird and T for texas can a guy live with......;
    Ping Tankard
    FB is getting a little old, but T For Texas never gets old! Here's 4 different versions by the real deal band! Turn it up Ronnie says! Gonna turn some of his mules loose on you!