Home Off Topic

Someone keyed my new truck yesterday....

King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 7,004 Admiral
I guess some behavior like this comes with all the negativity going on now.  Always careful where I park.  Yesterday parked it a a ways from all parked vehicles.  Happened at a Lowe's.  I guess they thought it was funny that I parked a ways to avoid getting a door ding or something.  Pisses me off.

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 14,473 Moderator
    That would highly tick me off.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 15,402 AG
    I had that happen to me in Delray 1hr after my daughters graduation from FAU.   We went to some sports bar, this POS cut us off in the parking lot, so i hit the horn, went to park and came out to a nice gash in my passenger rear door.   I took a picture of the cars plate and called the cops, and nothing came of it.   Then...the wife had the brilliant idea to try one of those scratch removal kits, all that did was leave a haze of 2" on either side of the scratch to make it 10X more noticeable.....
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 6,775 Admiral
    Was this at the Boynton Lowe's King?  Sorry about that.  Had I known it was yours i would have left it alone.
  • bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
    Why did you take up 4 parking spaces? I see those jackasses a lot. Still no excuse. And I am sure you did not do that as well.
    bicyclist said:
    Why did you take up 4 parking spaces? I see those jackasses a lot. Still no excuse. And I am sure you did not do that as well.

Where did you come up with that???  He just parked it away from the front.  He never said he used up four spaces
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 14,538 AG
    And Bicycler also said "I am sure you did not do that as well".
    Just dropping grenades in OT
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 37,005 AG
    You that guy who takes up two parking spots?

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 8,748 Admiral
    It takes a real ***hole to do that.
    mplspug said:
    And Bicycler also said "I am sure you did not do that as well".

I saw that.  Then why insinuate that he did.  The whole post sounds a little passive aggressive. 
  • supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 1,193 Officer
    I was in the gym/rehab clinic parking lot Tues. There was a shiny, jacked up bro truck taking up 3 spots. The ground crew blower operator blew leaves and dust on it. The owner/guy making the payments on the truck came out and made the groundskeeper clean the truck off. 
    From the body language, neither one got too feisty over it.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 9,674 Admiral
    I was in the gym/rehab clinic parking lot Tues. There was a shiny, jacked up bro truck taking up 3 spots. The ground crew blower operator blew leaves and dust on it. The owner/guy making the payments on the truck came out and made the groundskeeper clean the truck off. 

On another note, unrelated to the topic, I have a pet peeve when lawnmen blow leaves and grass cuttings into the streets instead of collecting them in a lawn vacum or blowing them into a pile where they can be scooped up and placed in a trash container. The leaves/debris in the street often ends up in the storm sewer catch basins creating maintenance/flooding issues. Laziness.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 37,005 AG
    Around here it will get them a fine. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 7,081 Admiral
    What's a "bro truck"..
    Sounds passive aggressive....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 7,081 Admiral
    edited April 2020 #15
    bicyclist said:
    FIFY
    Why? Did you take up 4 parking spaces?

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    cadman said:
    It will just about everywhere.
    bicyclist said:
    FIFY

That makes more sense, 
  • supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 1,193 Officer
    What's a "bro truck"..
    Sounds passive aggressive....
    As far as I can tell, it's the updated version of 'mall-crawler'.
  • bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
    bicyclist said:
    FIFY

That's what meant...sloppy wordsmithing. I apologize.

Keying someone's property he it a schwinn or a 50,000$ truck, is unconscionable. 
    Don't worry cycler, I got your back
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,250 AG
    edited April 2020 #21
    King_Me said:
    I guess some behavior like this comes with all the negativity going on now.  Always careful where I park.  Yesterday parked it a a ways from all parked vehicles.  Happened at a Lowe's.  I guess they thought it was funny that I parked a ways to avoid getting a door ding or something.  Pisses me off.

I'd be pissed too!

Did you ask Lowe's if they have video of the parking lot?
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,738 Captain
    That sucks!  Sorry to hear.  Can't believe someone did that to you even when you parked far away.  People are unbelievable sometimes.
    On a related note, I was downtown once and waiting for a spot on the left side of the road.  Turn signal on.  Waiting for car to back out.  Just as it backed out, another car came in from the opposite direction and yoinked the spot from me. 
    I decided to wait, rolled down my window, and when the guy got out of his car, I yelled at him "Hey D!  You do understand that I know where you parked?  Right?  Hope those aren't new tires!  Ok, Enjoy your night!"  And then pulled off.  I would never do something like that, but I wanted him to worry about it the whole time :D
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
    spangler said:
    That sucks!  Sorry to hear.  Can't believe someone did that to you even when you parked far away.  People are unbelievable sometimes.
    On a related note, I was downtown once and waiting for a spot on the left side of the road.  Turn signal on.  Waiting for car to back out.  Just as it backed out, another car came in from the opposite direction and yoinked the spot from me. 
    I decided to wait, rolled down my window, and when the guy got out of his car, I yelled at him "Hey D!  You do understand that I know where you parked?  Right?  Hope those aren't new tires!  Ok, Enjoy your night!"  And then pulled off.  I would never do something like that, but I wanted him to worry about it the whole time :D
    When we lived in Boca, i was about 10-11 and my mother would have us go stand in a spot until she could drive over there and park.   Was it stupid and dangerous?  Yes probably.  But back then, it was either that or drive around for 45 minutes looking for a spot to park.  I never believed some old lady would actually hit me or my brother.   But i also thought I was invincible. 
    spangler said:
    When we lived in Boca, i was about 10-11 and my mother would have us go stand in a spot until she could drive over there and park.   Was it stupid and dangerous?  Yes probably.  But back then, it was either that or drive around for 45 minutes looking for a spot to park.  I never believed some old lady would actually hit me or my brother.   But i also thought I was invincible. 
    Yep  Soda,  that’s a typical Boca way of doing things. 😂
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 7,004 Admiral
    2amigo said:
    Was this at the Boynton Lowe's King?  Sorry about that.  Had I known it was yours i would have left it alone.
    That's the one!  I Just parked in a single spot a way from everyone, not two or four. 

I was just thinking, what do you do if you catch someone doing something like that?  Can't beat the hell out of them then you're in trouble, take a picture of them and call the cops?, retaliate and kick a dent in their vehicle?  Hope its captured on surveillance video and get cops involved?  What does one do?
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,250 AG
    King, Ask the store for video!
    2amigo said:
    spangler said:
    Yep  Soda,  that’s a typical Boca way of doing things. 😂
    we didn't live in high falutin West Boca.    we lived between Dixie and Federal, in the poor part of town :D 
  • CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer
    King, Ask the store for video!
    Better yet have the police ask for that video!
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 8,748 Admiral
    cadman said:

Same in Tallahassee. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,807 Admiral
    There is a great scene in pulp fiction where John Travolta ( Vincent Vega) talks about his car getting keyed.... sorry to hear King. Only a gutless, coward pos would key another mans vehicle  
    You should have been here yesterday
  • tom waxelbaumtom waxelbaum Posts: 534 Officer
    Nobody fines them here. It's the worse in the fall when they blow leaves out in the road so cars can spread them to the neighbors yards.