Home General Fishing

New Smyrna Beach Boat Ramps Closing

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,223 AG
    SONOFA.....
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • Cavanaugh68Cavanaugh68 Posts: 526 Officer
    Not sure but trying confirm this. I guess the Mayor of NSB is allowing guides and commercial fishermen  to use it still. Trying to keep some employment going I guess. Please no hate to me, I have lost like 37 trips for March April and May due to this whole shutdown and have nothing to do with the city of NSB. I live in Oak Hill, so no say in their business affairs and we have a private boat ramp here in our neighborhood. So I still have access should I need it. It is getting bad when this happens yet they keep the beaches open, yes, that is a Volusia County thing I know.

From what I understand they will keep one ramp open to use and monitored by LEO on credentials i am thinking.

And no Duckman no agenda here because I do not even use the north causeway ramp where this sign is located.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG
    LOL .....Rent free in your head...PRICELESS ! 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    duckmanJR said:

And yet there it is. Just could not resist could you. Have a great day.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,722 Captain
    We're all sure you're happy the 'public' is getting shut out while allowing commercial though.  Better than any c&r measure you could dream up.  Don't lie
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
    duckmanJR said:

And yet there it is. Just could not resist could you. Have a great day.
    You are such a doofus...I'll make this easy for you...

WHO...mentioned who first in their post....  LOL 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    spangler said:
    We're all sure you're happy the 'public' is getting shut out while allowing commercial though.  Better than any c&r measure you could dream up.  Don't lie
    Ouch....kicked right in the cloaca !  LOL 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    spangler said:

Yeah, I just said I have no work or charters at all for the next three months with everyday people cancelling travel plans. So how am I happy or benefiting from this? I also said I have never in my entire life used that boat ramp. I put that up there because I thought some people would like to know. I find it strange they are doing this to be honest with you. I do not care because again, I don't use that ramp.

There are people who are loosing everything and you are making fun of them. You think of just me loosing work, big time effect here on thousands of locals.You are worried about a ramp being closed and just love to f with me. Did you not read what I said about loosing everything. Besides why the F would you think that. It sounds like you and duck boy are happy about this.
    duckmanJR said:
    spangler said:
    I mentioned you first because almost every thing I ever post you chime in with a smart a** remark and people know this. So I got in front of it this time. You keep making fun of it, go ahead. Laugh at everything happening. Maybe over the next few weeks you can get your post counts to rise or something being in lockdown.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited March 25 #11
    duckmanJR said:
    spangler said:
    I mentioned you first because almost every thing I ever post you chime in with a smart a** remark and people know this. So I got in front of it this time. You keep making fun of it, go ahead. Laugh at everything happening. Maybe over the next few weeks you can get your post counts to rise or something being in lockdown.
    He’s right. Jr has a hard on for this guy. He can’t post anything without getting jumped on for no reason.  Jr isn’t living in anyone’s head, he’s just a jerk to this dude.
    You should have been here yesterday
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    What is their basis for closing ramps?  It does not make sense.  Just a knee-jerk reaction to make it look like they are doing something?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    duckmanJR said:
    spangler said:
    Well....now i have to go google cloaca
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,434 Captain
    The Charlotte County commissioners thought that it would be a good idea to close the boat ramps.
    On second thought, they decided that it would be a stupid idea.
    Charlotte County ramps are open to the public.
    Finally some sanity.
    Scoutboat said:
    The Charlotte County commissioners thought that it would be a good idea to close the boat ramps.
    On second thought, they decided that it would be a stupid idea.
    Charlotte County ramps are open to the public.
    Finally some sanity.
    Yes..NO...YES NO YES....maybe??
    edited March 25 #16
    This should make some of you happy that does not include guides. Again more of a public service announcement. This is on the NSB Police Departments page.

**ATTENTION** By order of the New Smyrna Beach City Commission all Public boat ramps are closed effective Thursday, March 26th at MIDNIGHT. The ramps will remain closed between that time and through April 14th.

As an exception, commercial fishing vessels (With Proper License) will be permitted to utilize only the eastern boat ramp location on the North Causeway near the Boat & Ski Club.

**NOTE** - Commercial Fishing DOES NOT INCLUDE FISHING GUIDE SERVICE PROVIDERS. Vehicles and trailers parked at the boat ramps will still be required to pay to park or have an annual pass.

Image may contain possible text that says BOAT RAMP CLOSED

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    duckmanJR said:
    spangler said:
    Ok, that was funny, can’t lie
    You should have been here yesterday
    What is their basis for closing ramps?  It does not make sense.  Just a knee-jerk reaction to make it look like they are doing something?
    Most gov't action...is a knee jerk reaction....to emotions gone wild. 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

The thought around NSB is the mayor was concerned about the amount of parties at the surrounding islands. But if that was true then why are they not raising the draw bridge and blocking off SR44 to keep people away from the beaches? Or closing other ramps like Riverbreeze?
    spangler said:

Hope you are sitting at home reading this. Karma, Mr. Comment Man! Does not effect me what so ever because like I said I have  a private boat ramp on the river.

City of New Smyrna Beach
    19 hrs ·

Effective Friday, Mar. 27, the City of New Smyrna Beach’s public boat ramps will close until Tuesday, Apr. 14 with exemptions for boating activities including commercial fishing, charter companies, and boat dealership sales & service at North Causeway Boat Ramp-East side only.

This preventative measure comes after city commissioners approved the closures to slow community spread of the novel #coronavirus (#COVID19) at their Mar. 24 regular meeting.

Affected boat ramps include:
    • Swoop Boat Ramp, 2455 Boat Ramp Dr.
    • North Causeway Boat Ramp-East side
    • North Causeway Boat Ramp-West side

Vehicles and tow trailers parked at these boat ramps will still be required to pay regular fees or possess a current annual pass as required.

The New Smyrna Beach City Commission will discuss extending or lifting the ramp closures at their next regular meeting on Tuesday, Apr. 14, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in City Hall, 210 Sam's Ave.