Home General Fishing

Redneck 101 - Improving Anchor Holding Power Adding a Chain

MathGeekMathGeek Posts: 517 Officer
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,252 Admiral
    edited March 20 #2
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,722 Captain
    edited March 20 #3
    Chain on an anchor.. you don't say.......
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    spangler said:
    Chain on an anchor.. you don't say.......
    Another excellent review of Dasani spring water
    You should have been here yesterday
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 686 Officer
      Chain on an anchor,stainless steel and no rust!
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,072 AG
    I would think by now most of you regulars here would stop clicking on Captain Obvious's you tube.... 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,722 Captain
    edited March 20 #7
    To be clear, I have never clicked on a single one of his links...
    Title alone was enough to put hand to face
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • MangroveMarkMangroveMark Oak HillPosts: 362 Deckhand
    The only downside to chain above your anchor is having to tie your slip knot higher for dealing with aggressive swimming dogs. :wink:
  • MathGeekMathGeek Posts: 517 Officer
    Lots of guys in the younger generation don't use chains. Shoot, in the age of spot lock and power poles, many don't even have anchors. To me, the anchor is an essential safety device on a boat. If the boat loses power, I'd like to decide if I stay in one spot or let the wind and current carry me along.
    “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 1,010 Officer
    edited March 26 #10
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,072 AG
    Aggressive dogs sink faster with chain...WINNING !! 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    edited March 21 #12
    My prayers have resulted in my chain-free anchor line to hold just fine.  

In anchor we trust.

On a less sarcastic note, if you really want your anchor to hold then don't use a mushroom.
  • LostconchLostconch Posts: 791 Officer
    MathGeek said:
    Lots of guys in the younger generation don't use chains. Shoot, in the age of spot lock and power poles, many don't even have anchors. To me, the anchor is an essential safety device on a boat. If the boat loses power, I'd like to decide if I stay in one spot or let the wind and current carry me along.
    You know you have to have an anchor for coastguard regs.