Home Off Topic

Gun sales are up ...

GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,647 Admiral
That's one was to get a shot for the flu ...

https://apnews.com/9402d0680bbd3f27836a283c1956d671 

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The world’s largest gun store, in metro Atlanta, has had lines that are six and eight people deep. A gun store in Los Angeles had lines that stretched down the block. And at least one store in Idaho put limits on sales after its shelves were nearly cleared out.

Just as grocery stores have been stripped bare by Americans panicked by coronavirus, guns and ammunition have started flying off the shelves. Retailers say the buying frenzy is being fueled by consumers who are worried that people are becoming so desperate and unpredictable, they need to ensure they can protect themselves.

“It’s been insane,” said Jay Wallace, who owns Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, Georgia, adding that his ammunition sales are up more than five times the usual numbers. “This is like a Rod Serling ‘Twilight Zone’ episode.”

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”

Replies

• bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,475 Admiral
    I had a friend call me last night to ask me if I had a gun he could buy from me, I don't.  He's getting paranoid too.  I guess they think law and order will be a issue with all the craziness.
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,935 Admiral
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    We have to survive the most horrific pandemic we ever had. The Coward-20 virus.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 1,221 Officer
    “A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do!”  Gotta protect the TP, bottled water and hand sanitizer for goodness sake... :o
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,462 Officer
    It sure says a lot about our great country.................
    Wonder how gun sales are in Italy, Spain, South Korea and Japan that have been hit hard!!!!
  • L8RBRAL8RBRA St. LouisPosts: 638 Officer
    Wife: Why do you need another gun?
    Me: I needed one for the 2nd bathroom.
    Sounds like its worth a shot.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,975 AG
    ammunition will always be a solid currency. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,359 Officer
    A friend owns a gun shop. He sold out of all guns on friday! 
    Jason :USA
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 855 Officer
    Sold out, or tragic canoe accident?
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 4,006 Captain
    Well, I don’t know that any number is actually enough, but I have sufficient of both. The tp because my wife went to Sam’s and bought half a truckload of it before this whole mess started. She costs me a bunch of money evert time she goes there. 
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,567 AG
    I find it odd that a household doesn't have enough food and supplies to last a month on a regular basis. 

I went to get fingerprinted today for a potential job at Dept of Ag and the 15 minutes I was there 8 people came in getting their CC permit for the first time. The world is ending soon!
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    Bull excrement 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,335 AG
    Every . single . time.
      Anyone have a new song they can teach him? Warning you though, he doesn’t like new tunes.
  • KemperGuyKemperGuy MissouriPosts: 217 Deckhand
    dave44 said:
    Every . single . time.
      Anyone have a new song they can teach him? Warning you though, he doesn’t like new tunes.
    Too hard to post videos here. 
    Only in the US. do people feel they have to be "prepared"
    In many cases the ones purchasing to protect themselves from their fellow citizens are the same people that say this is a hoax, fake liberal news, an impeachment hoax, unnecessary hysteria, same as the regular flu, it is all under control. This country is full of contradictions
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,007 AG
    Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse in SLC, Riverdale, and Heber City are all sold out, not a round of nato ammo to be seen in any one of them.  These stores normally have 200 guns each in stock and millions of rounds of ammo.  No 9mm, .223 or 7.62 bullets for loading either.  Powder about gone, primers gone...
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    RStyle said:
    Only in the US. do people feel they have to be "prepared"
    In many cases the ones purchasing to protect themselves from their fellow citizens are the same people that say this is a hoax, fake liberal news, an impeachment hoax, unnecessary hysteria, same as the regular flu, it is all under control. This country is full of contradictions
    Nope. 
    I already put my loaded (buck-shots) Benelli M1 close to bed. 
    I have the freezer full of boar meat and it will became more precious than gold soon.
    Moreover I'm the only one in the neighborhood with guns, so I'll became the king. For sure I'm the only one that could hunt squirrels, city pigeons and crows, so I'll became rich dealing meat at black market  ;)
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    BallaCoiPersici .............Just one gun??........Just one???
    Need to come to our country so you can learn why you need 5, 10, 15 guns and 5K rounds of ammunition.
    Because......you never know...........
    Just one loaded. Until now  :D

Somebody’s really scared of guns around here. At least tricycle owns a couple of antiques.
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    RStyle said:
    Need to come to our country so you can learn why you need 5, 10, 15 guns and 5K rounds of ammunition.
    Is 64 too many?
    hooknline said:
    RStyle said:
    Is 64 too many?
    Nope, to me. But I suggest to reach 69. More evocative  ;)
    hooknline said:
    RStyle said:
    Is 64 too many?
    I’m trying to count my ammo right now, since I have nothing else to do I may be done next week. I don’t plan on counting more than 10 hrs a day though.

And Then we can ask if that’s the right amount.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    Have quite a few friends calling to ask if I have rounds of such and such....
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
    spangler said:
    Have quite a few friends calling to ask if I have rounds of such and such....
     I found a box of a caliber I don’t own. How weird, but I have a friend that bought that about 3 months ago, it’ll be an early Christmas for him.
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    When faced with uncertainty over things not under their control, people react by doing things that give them a feeling of empowerment.

For some, that's buying toilet paper.  For others, that's buying more guns.

Personally, I had enough of both before this whole thing started.

One should always be prepared.
    I agree. 
     You would be surprised at how many people don’t even have a couple days supply of food in their homes. Unless you call a bottle of ketchup and a 3 day old pizza in the fridge a supply?
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,426 AG
    Dumbasses.  No food probably.  3 yrs of toilet paper.  And 23 guns. 

I can only shoot 2 guns at a time, myself. If enough of a hostile force tries to take my toilet paper, if I can't get them double-handed they are getting that TP.  
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.