Home General Hunting

Self Quarantined

Lucky Hook IILucky Hook II Posts: 530 Officer
My son and I self quarantined our selfs to the Turkey woods last weekend.  We had at least 5 gobblers around us Saturday morning but they would not commit.  Unfortunately, no Turkeys were harmed last weekend.

Capt. Jorge Fernandez
www.luckyhookcharters.com

Replies

• bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,817 Captain
    That’s how our youth hunt went also. We had fun trying though. I plan on doing more self quarantine time this weekend.....👍
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 Palm HarborPosts: 835 Officer
    Got an invite on a buddies guest permit for a turkey quota this weekend. Hope to close that social distance on a Gobbler by Sunday evening.
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 4,540 Captain
    I just self quarantined at work. Stuck here for 7 days. Once that's over I'll be self quarantined in the woods for a few more days, just to be sure.
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,586 Captain
    Hang in there mak
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,738 Captain
    I'm hoping I can get a few days before they shut it down.  Wish I lived closer and then..
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • OGBOHICAOGBOHICA floridaPosts: 572 Officer
    if they shut down hunting it will be criminal and BS
    They should encourage it as a form of self isolation!
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • backwatercolebackwatercole Posts: 217 Deckhand
    spangler said:
    They should encourage it as a form of self isolation!
    Agreed!  They should relax some of the rules to allow us to get meat as well since the lines at stores are terrible and getting meat is tough.  I know it would never happen, just wishful thinking!
    They need to end the moratorium on redfish, snook and trout in my region!
  • backwatercolebackwatercole Posts: 217 Deckhand
    I'm in your region spangler...in the northern section.  And i couldn't agree more!
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 4,540 Captain
    Looking like I might just have the campgrounds and WMAs to myself next week.... ;)