Home General Hunting

For you gun lovers who will vote for Biden

Replies

• PinmanPinman Posts: 2,649 Captain
    edited March 16 #62
    tarpon41 said:
    How do we separate felons from their guns and put them in Raiford picking beans before they commit another felony/murder with a gun?  Stop and Frisk road blocks just like DUI blocks... in Boca and in Little Haiti...felons live everywhere....

Ahhhh  You are favor of a police state and government control for benefit of public safety. Yep, your a lifelong Democrat....

How about we do away with the 4th Amendment and those pesky search warrants too?  Imagine how much crime we could stop if police could just enter your home anytime they wanted.....

• FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 1,010 Officer
    edited March 26 #63
    troutbom said:
    If you hunt or fish consider this:https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/politics/trump-environmental-rollbacks-list/index.html

As for "deregulation of public lands being a good thing" , it's not. Opening up BLM lands to extraction industries shrinks game habitat. As for high capacity magazines impacting hunting, which is what this forum is suppossed tp be about, the Lacey Act has limited capacity to 3 shells when hunting migratory game birds for about a 100 years. Most states limit capacity and caliber for big game.
    Unfortunately CNN has established itself as an "anti-Trump" TV show and not an unbiased and truthful news source. FWIW I feel the same about FOX and MSNBC, and CBS, NBC, ABC.  Its very hard to get "truth" anymore without a lot of self research of the right sources. Seems everything has a bias these days. You cannot take anything based on face value.
  • MissedMissed O-townPosts: 208 Deckhand
    edited March 16 #65
    tarpon41 said:
    How do we separate felons from their guns and put them in Raiford picking beans before they commit another felony/murder with a gun?  Stop and Frisk road blocks just like DUI blocks... in Boca and in Little Haiti...felons live everywhere....

Maybe they could have a 3 strike rule - sound familiar?  Anyway, 3 violent crimes, or 1 horrible crime and you meet the noose.  That would reduce the BS with repeat criminals and free up the jails.  No more long rap sheets, just a length of rope.  Dems would love that and fight over who could vote first, I'm sure. 

How about you-all stop letting them out instead?  Something about folks stealing stuff or attacking people arrested today, doing it again tomorrow.  There is a point where the system becomes responsible and we are there.  B-B-But we told em not to steal, attack folks, ****, shoot thing, etc.  Be difficult if they weren't set free daily.

You-all own the Democratic Chicago legacy. 

Why do they say that all mass murderers/shooters are Democrats?  
    edited March 16 #66
    duckmanJR said:
    Pinman said:

The Bill of Rights does not give any of us rights from the government. The Bill of Rights asserts and protects God given rights we are born with.

God only gave those rights to people born in certain contries ? ...... or did God say " everyone gets a gun"....and can you point me to that is scripture ?   LOL 
    Im certainly no Constitutional scholar but the founding fathers belief was that, as stated in the Declaration of Independence,  "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."  Certainly the Right to Bear arms falls under "Liberty" and it is spelled out in the Bill of Right as a right inherently possessed by man and shall  "not be infringed" upon by government.  It is not the founding fathers fault other countries do not subscribed to this line of thinking and it is why the US is the greatest country in the history of the world.
  • gritsnhuntin1gritsnhuntin1 Posts: 1,180 Officer
    edited March 16 #67
    They want to quarantine the entire country and continue letting all these unvaccinated people enter our country at will.How many new pandemic issues are soon to be another concern of ours. When will the nonsense end?
  • Tony RomaTony Roma Posts: 817 Officer
    For future reference LOL is my new disagree, see if they get rid of that
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,736 AG
    Pinman said:
    duckmanJR said:
    Pinman said:

The Bill of Rights does not give any of us rights from the government. The Bill of Rights asserts and protects God given rights we are born with.

God only gave those rights to people born in certain contries ? ...... or did God say " everyone gets a gun"....and can you point me to that is scripture ?   LOL 
    Im certainly no Constitutional scholar but the founding fathers belief was that, as stated in the Declaration of Independence,  "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."  Certainly the Right to Bear arms falls under "Liberty" and it is spelled out in the Bill of Right as a right inherently possessed by man and shall  "not be infringed" upon by government.  It is not the founding fathers fault other countries do not subscribed to this line of thinking and it is why the US is the greatest country in the history of the world.

So.... it is just the founding fathers saying it....No basis in scripture.... Why didn't you just say that Ron ? 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

The only conceivable reasoning I can see it that these Beta Males whom would stand behind their wife if someone broke into their house want to think that the government is protecting them somehow.  There does seem to be an increase in the ever new manwoman.
    Yeah....You tell'm..... I bet anyone who's a Democrat is a panzy.... 

Real men vote the R   
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • needtohuntmoreneedtohuntmore MelbournePosts: 263 Deckhand
    edited March 17 #71
    I was waiting for duckman to show up.  He enjoys a good pot stirring.

Duckie, how many times do you just say the opposite of a post just for ****?
    edited March 17 #72
    duckmanJR said:
    Pinman said:
    duckmanJR said:
    Pinman said:

So.... it is just the founding fathers saying it....No basis in scripture.... Why didn't you just say that Ron ? 

"Just" the founding fathers saying it? Doesn't matter if there is no basis in scripture as it is the basis of our Representative Republic. You do know the United States started around 1776 AD not 0001 AD right?

So what I think you might be saying is that the government is granting us the right to free speech, bear arms, protection from unreasonable search and seizure in the Bill of Rights? And if it doesn't say it in Scripture it didnt happen?

No....I'm saying it is a construct....with nothing that really stands behind the premise of " God Given" since there is no such thing written in scripture.......
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    I was waiting for duckman to show up.  He enjoys a good pot stirring.

Duckie, how many times do you just say the opposite of a post just for ****?
    I do not know....I'm sure it has happened at least once..... 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Wra22Wra22 Posts: 193 Deckhand
    Any right conferred on us by someone or something other than God can be revoked by a man or a group of men. That is why every totalitarian group makes an effort to destroy knowledge of God. 
  • FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 1,010 Officer
    edited March 26 #76
  • bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
    Till Trump gets re-elected.

" The corona virus is a democratic hoax'

Who would vote for this idiot?
    bicyclist this isn't the Audubon Society.  You do realize that regulation prevents us from being good stewards to the land, right?  The "let it return to it's natural state" doesn't work anymore.  And no we don't dump the green goo into the canal on purpose anymore.  The natural state of the world requires human intervention to fix a lot of it's issues and that's why we need to deregulate so we can perform prescribed fires, plant food plots, dig out gunk, remove invasive species, transplant animals to other areas, etc.  Besides the government doesn't have the $$ to do a lot of the things that need to be done so by deregulating we allow private sectors to fix a lot of the issues.

I fix the environment for a living and have been doing so for 30 years. What you say is BS.
    edited March 17 #80
    Please tell me you don’t fix it in Florida.  It really went down the tube the last few decades much of which was under Oboner.  

Bored? 7th grader or 6th?

You mean in Florida, under scott, things went down hill. Or were you even born when he was elected.

Florida is a red state, that was and is the problem.

You are deflecting, what have you fixed?

Besides the oceans are pretty much controlled by the federal government as are federal lands.  So is the core of engineers.  Rick has very little say as to what happens with the major issues like Big O.  The rest is controlled at much lower levels like St. Johns River Management and so forth which is decided by panels and such.  EPA creates a lot of problems like in California they should have been performing prescribed burns to prevent major forest fires but they dropped the ball there.  It's hard enough to get a fire done here in Florida a "red state".  Another issue is the population explosion and regulation around improving infrastructure.  If it wasn't so dang hard to get a permit to fix something it might get done.
    edited March 17 #83
    There are so many inconsistencies in your response it's grand.  First of all the invasive species are winning, not sure what you did there but it sucked.  Second the game on state run lands is dwindling, not sure what you did there but it sucks.  Most state lands I go to are so choked with undergrowth and invasive species I can hardly find a place to take a wiz.  Private lands have openings, food plots (Florida is low on nutritional food so it does a lot down here), water sources, managed predators, etc.

You wouldn't be able be able to burn in a BLUE state because of regulation.  By "right to burn" you mean "free to burn" where in California it's banned.  Pretty sure farmers across the nation have been burning for years.  Florida doesn't own it.

The deregulation needs to occur on state lands and water management lands for spraying, tilling, clearing, etc.  Nothing can live is dense invasive crap.

You give Rick way too much credit.  He can't do all that himself.  Fact is there is no money and that's why private sectors need to be allowed to do it and have incentive to do it. Anytime you rely on government agencies to police the environment or health care they just soak up money like a sponge.  Money taken from companies and people who in turn cut corners because now they are broke.

Next your going to tell me you ride your bike on a generator to power your house for two years....
    There are so many inconsistencies in your response it's grand.  First of all the invasive species are winning, not sure what you did there but it sucked.  Second the game on state run lands is dwindling, not sure what you did there but it sucks.  Most state lands I go to are so choked with undergrowth and invasive species I can hardly find a place to take a wiz.  Private lands have openings, food plots (Florida is low on nutritional food so it does a lot down here), water sources, managed predators, etc.

You wouldn't be able be able to burn in a BLUE state because of regulation.  By "right to burn" you mean "free to burn" where in California it's banned.  Pretty sure farmers across the nation have been burning for years.  Florida doesn't own it.

The deregulation needs to occur on state lands and water management lands for spraying, tilling, clearing, etc.  Nothing can live is dense invasive crap.

You give Rick way too much credit.  He can't do all that himself.  Fact is there is no money and that's why private sectors need to be allowed to do it and have incentive to do it. Anytime you rely on government agencies to police the environment or health care they just soak up money like a sponge.  Money taken from companies and people who in turn cut corners because now they are broke.

Next your going to tell me you ride your bike on a generator to power your house for two years....

None of this deserves a response. You simple don't know what you are talking about.

You didn't answer my questions. When did you move here and what is your back ground in?

• spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    Florida leads the nation in controlled burning (in terms of acres burned/year). ... Last year alone, the Florida Forest Service issued approximately 88,000 open burning authorizations, and with our partners and landowners, applied prescribed fire to more than 2.1 million acres across the state.Nov 15, 2018

There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
    edited March 17 #87
    God I hope there are smarter people than you working for the FWC! I’m average joe, a flat brimmed as far as your concerned, but I did show that you don’t know what you are doing and that’s scary!
    edited March 17 #88
    God I hope there are smarter people than you working for the FWC! I’m average joe, a flat brimmed as far as your concerned, but I did show that you don’t know what you are doing and that’s scary!

You are an idiot when it comes to what we are talking about.

Pick a particular state owned land, read  the management plan, read the last management land review and then attend the public land review meetings for the 5 and 10 year plant reviews. All the info is on line.  Then get back to me. What? You have never read a management plan, or been to a land management review meeting? Ahhh.

Like I said you have not friggin idea what you are talking about. I take it you are a private contractor that wants to clear em some land. Sure, go ahead, you are qualified! 

I know I know, they did it better up north were you came from. LOL
    Who said I’m from the North?  I get it you did a lot of work and now your butt hurt.  I can shovel dirt around my yard for two years but what’s the point if it doesn’t lay flat and grow grass?  Point is, what’s your metric?  Plant plants? Create more actual habitat?  You can do lots of work but if you don’t measure your success it’s a waste of time.  Much like your work.  Don’t get mad bro, I should be easy to debate.  Your right I’m not smart.
    Who said I’m from the North?  I get it you did a lot of work and now your butt hurt.  I can shovel dirt around my yard for two years but what’s the point if it doesn’t lay flat and grow grass?  Point is, what’s your metric?  Plant plants? Create more actual habitat?  You can do lots of work but if you don’t measure your success it’s a waste of time.  Much like your work.  Don’t get mad bro, I should be easy to debate.  Your right I’m not smart.

The thing is, you are so ignorant on this matter, you have no clue how stupid you sound.
    edited March 17 #91
    Go find me an article that shows some success from your hard work...

it looks to me like you just do stuff all Willy nilly and don’t follow up on whether it worked or not.

thanks Spangler perfect example of what less regulation can do for a state unlike California which burnt to the ground