Home Action Craft Boats

What will my next flats boat be?

NevermoorNevermoor Burnt Store MarinaPosts: 69 Deckhand
I have a Coastal Bay 1910 that is a great boat.  Only downside is it doesn't fit in my garage and draws a little too much water for where I like to fish.  I am going to move it up to NJ to replace my bay boat up there.  So I need another flats boat for here in Punta Gorda.  I like the Action Craft brand so thinking maybe a 1720 that claims it only draws 7:" to 9".  I also want to stay at 17' so I can garage it and avoid winter storage fees.  
If you were buying a 17' flats boat what brand would you get?

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them,

Replies

• MBC223MBC223 Palm Harbor, FLPosts: 36 Deckhand
    I think the 1720 is the best option around, super wide for a 17.  Call Steve at the factory and he can fix you up with a new gen 3.

• NevermoorNevermoor Burnt Store MarinaPosts: 69 Deckhand
    MBC223 said:
    I think the 1720 is the best option around, super wide for a 17.  Call Steve at the factory and he can fix you up with a new gen 3.

I did connect with Steve.  He had a used 2005 1720 with a junk engine.  He hooked me up with a new Merc 115 4stroke.  I picked it up yesterday.  Can't wait to try it out.  Everyone at AC was super to deal with.

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them,