Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Put together a offshore crew (mayport)

Looking for some hands that have some experience and dont and mind throwing down fuel,ice, and bait. Seeing how the reall fishing is coming up with better offshore conditions. I have a 24cc cape horn twin merc 200 and 180 gal tank. Now I'm not the most experienced boater in the whole world but been taught by some good dudes. I have been fishing fwc numbers offshore and what not caught some good fish, but maybe some of you guys got private numbers in deeper water from 130 depth and on and we can get on them let me know on here and we can go from there

Replies

• optimistic Angleroptimistic Angler Posts: 629 Officer
    I'm interested, I have a 20' cc and 130' is just a little farther then I want to take my boat. I have some numbers out there. I have plenty of tackle, pitch in on gas bait ice ect... 
  • capehorn24capehorn24 Mayport Posts: 24 Deckhand
    Cool deal man well I'm installing another battery this weekend on the boat wish I could get out there sunday the best weather opening we have had to go fish but that's the only day I got to do the installation so maybe we can talk and see what's up with getting out there maybe next weekend are you out of mayport
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,783 Captain
    love them cape horns!
    Yeah me too grate boat I like that hoo in the pic
  • DrLouDrLou JacksonvillePosts: 44 Deckhand
    I've been fishing offshore Jax for 25 years. I get out about 20-30 times per year in my 25 Wellcraft. Although there are good spots at 30 miles, In the past 4-5 years I mainly start at 40 miles (90-100 feet) and often make it to 60 miles (140-150 ft). I have hundreds of waypoints. I like going with 4 other crew so we can keep the cost down. Now my first mate is moving and I need to expand my crew list, especially guys who can go during the week. Id be happy to add you to my crew list and would also be able to go out on your sturdy craft. By the way, Ive found that when I get "secret numbers" from someone I already have them. Often they are well published.

Same for Optimistic Angler.

Send me a text with your info and I'll put you on my crew list. Lou DeNicola 904-705-2138
    edited March 2020 #8
    Vary cool of you. It's late now when I seen your response BUT I'm vary interested in what you have posted I will reply to by text tomorrow. As for during the week I'll see what I can do with work, I'll make it happen for fishing. I need to get in the 140-160 rang just haven't to much. With the distance and no numbers out that far hard to put in the fuel and time not knowing destination I'm a hard working fisherman and easy going. Really enjoy bringing home fresh fish nothing better 
  • RiverCityTileCleanerRiverCityTileCleaner Posts: 7 Deckhand
    Cape Horn have you fished the Elton bottom area?? You can catch just about everything there. I have a 29 cc maybe we could buddy boat out there one day.  I can give you a couple numbers to get you started in that area as well if you want.
    No I have not I hear all about it but I have no numbers for it and i know it's a big area that it covers and well know i like to drift over bottom and reset and if there is lots of boats it's hard to do dont like messing with anchor and haven't got the funds for 4000 doller 84 inch rodan set up yet 
    I would love to get them Elton bottom numbers or any other numbers in that depth any help vary much appreciated 
  • SnaphappySnaphappy Posts: 1,427 Officer
    If you like to drift as opposed to anchoring up, do you like to jig?  Jigging is taylor made for drifting.  

Yeah I jig dont catch to much fish like that must not be doing it correctly dosnt stop me from trying I usually drop my live bait or what not to the bottom reel up a bit for the drift like 5 foot and start jigging
    edited April 2020 #14
    Made it out this weekend. Still looking for people with bait and fuel money, gear,  and experience this stuff isnt cheap I only bottom fish as of right now I dont have outriggers or trolling gear. 30 trigger, 5 pink porgy, 20 vermilion, 3 aj, 1 king and I only had 4 guys on the boat well with in are aggregated bag limit 
  • SaltyJaxSaltyJax Jacksonville, FLPosts: 19 Deckhand
    I'm no pro, but I have my own gear, and cash for bait and gas. I have a 2015 23' sportsman CC I got about a year ago but still learning the NE FL offshore game. I have a bunch of numbers all over the place. I'm trying to get out there offshore with some guys who like to fish and know the area better than taking I do. I haven't gone past 30 miles or 100ft of water yet. Id take my boat out that far but want to go with some other guys who've done it before to learn the ropes. Like I said, I know how to fish and have cash and some numbers.
    Tight lines,
    DW
  • SaltyJaxSaltyJax Jacksonville, FLPosts: 19 Deckhand
    DrLou said:
    I've been fishing offshore Jax for 25 years. I get out about 20-30 times per year in my 25 Wellcraft. Although there are good spots at 30 miles, In the past 4-5 years I mainly start at 40 miles (90-100 feet) and often make it to 60 miles (140-150 ft). I have hundreds of waypoints. I like going with 4 other crew so we can keep the cost down. Now my first mate is moving and I need to expand my crew list, especially guys who can go during the week. Id be happy to add you to my crew list and would also be able to go out on your sturdy craft. By the way, Ive found that when I get "secret numbers" from someone I already have them. Often they are well published.

Same for Optimistic Angler.

Send me a text with your info and I'll put you on my crew list. Lou DeNicola 904-705-2138
    I'm no pro, but I have my own gear, and cash for bait and gas. I have a 2015 23' sportsman CC I got about a year ago but still learning the NE FL offshore game. I'm trying to get out there offshore with some guys who like to fish and know the area. I haven't gone past 30 miles or 100ft of water yet. Id take my boat out that far but want to go with some other guys who've done it before to learn the ropes. Like I said, I know how to fish and have cash and some numbers.
    Tight lines,
    DW