Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Visitor Question: Fishing the Golden Gate canal system, how do I avoid trespassing?

recruitkimrecruitkim New YorkPosts: 15 Deckhand
I plan on visiting SW Florida sometime next month and was planning on fishing in the Golden Gate canal system. I have a license and will only do catch and release.

Anyway, how can I fish the canals without trespassing on private property? I don't have access to a kayak or boat so I will need to fish from shore. I checked out some places via google maps and see that there are some roads that lead to "dead ends" at the canal. Would it be okay to park on the side of the road and fish here? 

If I see a driveway or a fenced off area I'll happily stay out. Or just really anything that looks like it might belong to someone. 

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Replies

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,202 Officer
    If you stick to your plans you will be fine. Golden gate park will give you some access, the rest of it will be random places you can find via google maps. If your up towards north naples, locate immokalee road on the map. A canal runs along that road that you will have access to fish for miles and miles. Starting about goodlette road heading east. 
    The canal hold snook, bass, etc Good luck! 
    Jason :USA
  • recruitkimrecruitkim New YorkPosts: 15 Deckhand