Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

North IRL - 2.9.20

Launched the skiff at Jones Ave. Ramp around 6:30AM. Slow bite. Went 7-7 on trout. 5 were under 14" 2 were over 17". The larger of the slots -- 18.5 was full of worms. The black drum I caught in the IRL about 2 months ago was also full of worms. Am I just getting unlucky? White worms -- not black. Long--about 3-4" if they don't break when pulling out of the meat.

Anyways, glad the trout bite was decent. Only fished 4 hours. No reds or snook though. Saw a few tarpon, couldn't get any takers on my gulps.

Tight Lines,
SS

Replies

• needtohuntmoreneedtohuntmore MelbournePosts: 89 Deckhand
    They cook just fine.  Added protein.
  • reelthunderreelthunder Posts: 243 Deckhand
    They cook just fine.  Added protein.

I hope your kidding and if your not you must have a strong stomach!   no way no how  that's gross i am sorry only if i were starving and even then i would probably throw up 
  • needtohuntmoreneedtohuntmore MelbournePosts: 89 Deckhand
    edited February 13 #4
    Not joking, been eating them for years.  Good thing you don’t see all the worms they pull out of store bought fish.  Bear and some wild pork had a lot more worms you can’t see.  IMO, don’t waste the fish.
  • bluewater_feverbluewater_fever Posts: 115 Deckhand
    How does the water quality look in that area? Any seagrass?
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,496 AG
    The worms are parasites....they are harmless to humans.   You can pick them out if you are the squeamish type...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • reelthunderreelthunder Posts: 243 Deckhand
    edited February 14 #7
    well i would not be to sure about that my wife is in radiology she brought me a report  to read once because i eat sushi she does not the report was about a guy who ate some under cooked fish an had got a parasite from it a worm to be exact this little fella climbed into his brain and proceeded to make Swiss cheese out of it eating his way around .so yha i am a little squeamish about it for sure all i can say is cook the h#ll out of those little fellas before you eat.  goes for pork and chicken as well.