Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Bash 2020

The time will be here before we know it so lets start discussing it. It's been the first weekend in June for the last several years. This year would be June 5-7

The last couple of years there has been talk about changing the location to Stienhatchee to change it up. Loyd and Pam are checking out places in Stienhatchee that could accommodate. Hopefully they will post that soon with all of the info.The Morrings in Cbelle has been the spot there. I'm for the location that the most people would attend. Attendance has been getting lower over the last few years. It's really a great time. 

Not sure what the Snapper season is going to be, Haven't looked if it is posted yet but places will start filling fast and soon if not already. 

If you are interested in going please post where you would rather have it so you would most likely attend. Only way I know to choose is go with the location with the most votes to get as many people there. We are 4 months out. 

As always, donations and any help is welcomed and appreciated by everyone. 

Please make this a sticky ferris. Thanks. 
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• bbbbbb Posts: 1,029 Officer
    I’m good with anything.  Grouper season will be in for both areas.  
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,413 Captain

I agree Tommy, more people the better location doesn't matter. Kinda like the sausage grinding seems to be smaller each year.

I'll do all I can to help as always.

Prefer the Hatch simply because it's home BUT I will be at the Bash regardless where it happens.

• bottomtimebottomtime Posts: 404 Deckhand
    My crew will have to miss this year. We will be in Alaska the first two weeks of June.
  • LoydD1LoydD1 AlbanyPosts: 8 Greenhorn
    We are game for Steinhatchee this year.  We really want to build this bash back up to its original numbers.  We need everyone's help to make this happen.   We have a great time every year because of the great people who love to fish like us.   

We have been doing homework to see if we can find a place in Steinhatchee. 

We have found a place that sleeps 24 with three houses with the sea **** walking distance.   There is another house available if we need more beds.  This place is private with a lake.  It has a place to have the cooking every night.   That would mean that some would have to share the house with other people.  The cost would be 50 dollars a person per day.  Your slip would be extra.  

We also have checked with Steinhatchee River Motel and they have rooms but no meeting place.  I just contacted them to see if they have these rooms still available and they are.  They were talking about 109 to 129 a night.  They told me before we got a discount.  I just asked her if we can get that discount if we check out all 10 rooms.  Brothernlaw said we could meet at his place.  Your slip would be extra.  The marina is on the river beside the motel.  

I will get the price of the slips next weekend. 

I'm ready to go fishing.

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,831 AG
    We need commitments (numbers) before we can settle on a place. I'm guessing we need 24 to get the $50 per person per night, right for the houses?

Please post up where you would like it to be if you are attending. I'm guessing wherever it is rooms need to be reserved by end of the month or mid March and that may be too late.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    My crew will have to miss this year. We will be in Alaska the first two weeks of June.

I'd pass to for that trip. Can I fit in a suitcase??

Bennet and my sister are going to Carrabelle regardless.

Donna wants to go to Cbelle as well. She likes fishing there and says that's the only time she gets to go.

As I said, I'm good either way.

• FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 637 Officer
    edited March 27 #9
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,654 Captain
    If y’all settle on the hatch, I’m good for a big batch of fried gator and hush puppies for all.
    And then some, I like cookin😉
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
    micci_man said:
    We need commitments (numbers) before we can settle on a place. I'm guessing we need 24 to get the $50 per person per night, right for the houses?

Please post up where you would like it to be if you are attending. I'm guessing wherever it is rooms need to be reserved by end of the month or mid March and that may be too late.
    Yes we definitely need to fill the beds to be able to pay the rent.  Pam from Steinhatchee River Resort has the rooms also.  Everyone needs to vote.  
    Like Pam mentioned. If we can't get enough for the big place. Everyone can find a place on their own to stay and we can congregate/cook etc at my place. I have enough room to keep us dry if rain moves in or whatever.
    Steinhatchee River In has rooms available.   I will be checking them out this weekend.  I have never seen them.  
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,858 Captain
    I'm good either place
  • skywayskyway St. Pete FLPosts: 87 Deckhand
    4WARD said:
    If y’all settle on the hatch, I’m good for a big batch of fried gator and hush puppies for all.
    And then some, I like cookin😉
    Lets do this! 
    I like Gator 🐊 and hush puppies!
    I'll say that I don't care where but if the Hatch is more than a room at the Moorings I'm out most likely. I also don't want to have to drive back to where I'm staying from the gathering. Too much drinking going on. The Moorings is convenient for keeping boats close, rooms and walking distance from the party and the bar.

Let the votes keep coming.

You ain’t wrong 
    From off line calls and conversations it looks like Carrabelle is the place that most will attend. So Carrabelle it is.I hope as many that can will attend. Even if just one night. Saturday night is the big raffle night.  

I'll contact the Morrings and reserve a block of rooms. Mention the Florida Sportsman Bash to reserve your room. 
    We made our reservations.  We will be coming in Thursday.  If grades are good Aiden will be coming.  
    edited February 18 #21
    June 5-7 at the Moorings in Carrabelle FL. 

I reserved 10 rooms. When you call to reserve it's under FS Bash.Right now they are wide open. 

I'm guessing Friday night will be the traditional meet and greet and the   LCB that BIL does. Saturday night we will provide a meat and sides are welcomed. That's the big raffle night.   

Raffle prizes or donations are welcomed. contact me or BIL.  It will be a  great time as always. Hope to see you there!  

We need a head count to get the food right.

We will be down Thursday also.

LCB Friday and register for the tournament Saturday if interested. Biggest trout inshore. Offshore to be determined depending on what's in season. Inshore and offshore trophies.  $25 per boat either division. Weigh in 5:00 pm Saturday. Proceeds go in the treasury for next year.

Trophies furnished by Chuck again this year.

We will have 3-4 folks this year.

• bbbbbb Posts: 1,029 Officer
    I got my room reserved with a boat slip.

If all goes well there will probably be 4 of us total.

It will be 4 in our group.  
    The popular Gulf red snapper recreational season is set to start June 11 through July 25, says Governor Ron DeSantis.
    We will be providing shirts.  We have one idea for art.  Open to suggestions.  We want to know what type of shirts everyone is interested in.  
    I'm good with whatever ya'll decide
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,389 Moderator
    I'm going to try my damndest to make it this year. Trying to commit myself back to fun and fellowship and not competing all the **** time.  3 for us .
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,389 Moderator
    Didn't I see the discussion about moving the date to include snapper season??
    It was mentioned by someone in the snapper thread. There has been some off line discussion. That would be great but there are about 15+ people that just can't do the next weekend for various reasons. Heck, that's probably half the attendance alone... Rooms are another issue.  I called the Moorings and checked. As soon as the season dates came out rooms started getting filled in advance.