Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

2020 A new year. With a little help from mother nature. Lets make it an epic year for posts.

OK it has been a tough year on the water for our  South West region. All reports good or not so good are always welcome. Tell us your story even if it was a trip to another region, it may be a place we would like to drop a line in.
 Best of luck to you all for the new year.
 larrywitt

Replies

• Gypsies CallGypsies Call Posts: 258 Deckhand
    Happy New Year Larry. I always enjoy your posts and feedback.  Agree... 2020 should be a banner year, and will keep posting about the Myakka River/Charlotte Harbor successes I have.  The forum is a great way to learn and improve, and my thanks go out to you and others that contribute.
    Gypsies Call
    SWO LCDR, USN-Retired
    Sea Chaser 200 Flats Series
    Old Town Predator Kayak
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 799 Officer
    Happy New Year! Heres to another year of chasing the dream!
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • chicochico Punta Gorda and PennsylvaniaPosts: 553 Officer
    Looks like 2020 may be the year I get to retire and spend 24/7/52/12 in Punta Gorda, although offshore is my addiction, the River and Harbor are next door!!
  • ez3puttez3putt Posts: 31 Deckhand
    Not getting off to a very good start with the wind the last two days.  Went out of Cape Haze marina Friday with winds gusting to 25 and my Talon is still in the shop.  Spot lock on the Minn Kota held us the first couple of stops, then the battery in the remote died.  I reached into the dry box for a spare battery and pulled out an empty package.  Gave it up after a couple of hours and only one jack for our efforts.

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,776 Moderator
    ez3putt said:
    Not getting off to a very good start with the wind the last two days.  Went out of Cape Haze marina Friday with winds gusting to 25 and my Talon is still in the shop.  Spot lock on the Minn Kota held us the first couple of stops, then the battery in the remote died.  I reached into the dry box for a spare battery and pulled out an empty package.  Gave it up after a couple of hours and only one jack for our efforts.

MY compliments to you for giving it a try. I thought  about it but self said no.
    larrywitt