Home General Freshwater Fishing

Need info for Stick Marsh/Blue Cypress Lake/Middleton's Fish camp

Itch-2-FishItch-2-Fish Vero Beach, FLPosts: 429 Deckhand
Hi, new to Treasure Coast, anyone fish these freshwater bodies?  I have a 19' boat, will they accomdoate it?  Thank you.
German Shepherd Dogs rule! Adopt one today.

Replies

• SC53SC53 Posts: 640 Officer
    19’ boat, what kind? Bass, flats, bay or cc?

Stick Marsh is down about a foot right now so a lot more stumps come in to play, especially on the south end. All but the cc should be fine but you WILL hit stumps, and lots of them.
    Regarding fishing, specs are probably hitting now although I haven’t fished for them.  Bass are hit or miss. A dozen or less one day and maybe 20 the next. Water is pretty clear for the Marsh.
    A lot of people fish shiners but I fish artificials.

Been a couple years since I fished Blue Cypress so cant comment on conditions. 

• Itch-2-FishItch-2-Fish Vero Beach, FLPosts: 429 Deckhand
    19' bay boat.  Thanks for the reply.
  • SC53SC53 Posts: 640 Officer
    Oh, and the 6 miles down the dirt road to get there isn’t fun either.
    If they haven’t graded in awhile, the washboard will rattle some bolts in your boat and trailer loose.
  • Itch-2-FishItch-2-Fish Vero Beach, FLPosts: 429 Deckhand
    Thanks for the warning, lol!
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 848 Officer
    SC53 said:
    Oh, and the 6 miles down the dirt road to get there isn’t fun either.
    If they haven’t graded in awhile, the washboard will rattle some bolts in your boat and trailer loose.
    I had my leaf spring bolt come loose and extend..rub my tire and pop it. I thought it was just a flat..changed the tire and headed home...shortly there after I saw smoke and pop another tire gone. I have a tandum trailer so I took the flat off..pushed the leaf bolt back in and drove slowly to a Home Depot and bought a new nut and lock washer and secured the bolt (I tightened all the trailer bolts while I was at it). Drove home on 3 tires. Lesson learned--CHECK THOSE LEAF SPRING BOLTS ON YOUR TRAILER AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR!!

I hate that road...between the nails and this it has cost me hundreds in tire replacement

• SweetToSaltSweetToSalt Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    I would steer clear of middletons. Awesome people who run the place but unfortunately between double booking issues that they were able to resolve we saw 2 of the trailers they rent out. As much as i hate to say it they are so run down it is not worth any money. You can see the ground through one of the showers. 

Better off staying somewhere in town or camping. 

Blue cypress was not productive with bass. Plenty of mudfish and specs. 

There are plenty of world class bass lakes in the area but blue cypress is not one. 

Youre going to rub and hit things no matter what lake you fish just the nature of the beast. They arent kidding about the dirt roads being bad btw. 
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,244 AG
    The last week or more with all the rain has made Fellsmere grade a horror show.... even after they grade it ...it is crappy.

Blue Cypress water mgmnt area off CR 512 ( Garcia to locals) has a nice ramp...and a paved road to it...and decent fishing...That's where I'd go...in fact...going there right now !  LOL 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you