Home Egret Boats

Egret Rub Rail

stricklcstricklc Posts: 20 Greenhorn
I'm curious about this rub rail...I don't see how it attaches...web site says it's custom? looking to replicate it on a 20 seacraft I'm restoring...

strick

Replies

• stricklcstricklc Posts: 20 Greenhorn
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 153 Deckhand
    stricklc said:
    anyone?
    Can't see it well enuf to be sure, but all I can think of is the rub strip on my last boat.  It had an extruded aluminum base screwed to the outside of the gunwale, and a rubber (plastic ??) insert that snapped into it.  Maybe my little drawing will make sense.  I can even picture a reverse setup where the rubber strip would snap Over the extrusion:

Thanks for the reply...I was hoping someone that had a newer egret might be able to help...maybe I should have never mentioned seacraft? lol 

strick
  • TXWahooTXWahoo Posts: 530 Officer
    edited December 2019 #5
    If you find out let us know, I wouldn't mind replacng my white rub rail with a black one when the time comes.  The amount saved in Magic Erasers would go a long way towards paying for it.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,379 Officer
    stricklc said:
    I'm curious about this rub rail...I don't see how it attaches...web site says it's custom? looking to replicate it on a 20 seacraft I'm restoring...

strick

I believe this product used is imported from a manufacture from Italy. You would need to find a distributor here to buy from for your project. It most likely will be hard to source for one project. 
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,379 Officer
    edited December 2019 #7
    TXWahoo said:
    If you find out let us know, I wouldn't mind replacng my white rub rail with a black one when the time comes.  The amount saved in Magic Erasers would go a long way towards paying for it.
    Acetone and white paper towels are your friend works great
    Call Frank at the factory. He will send you a replacement one in black I'm sure it's not cheap but easy to install on the track. 
    OK Thanks FlatsBoy for the heads up...

strick
  • Corey29449Corey29449 Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    FlatsBoy said:
    TXWahoo said:
    Acetone and white paper towels are your friend works great
    Call Frank at the factory. He will send you a replacement one in black I'm sure it's not cheap but easy to install on the track. 
    Its not cheap and extremely difficult to install.   You will need a heat gun, a rubber mallet and lots of patience
    Thanks for the help fellas...I was able to get a sample from Svendsons marine here in the bay area..believe it or not they stock it so it might be more common then expected...unfortunately the fit is not perfect for the 20 seacraft...looks fairly easy to work with however...I'm used to using Taco rigid vinyl with stainless steel insert...which is moderate in difficulty to install. If you dont have an extra pair of hands when installing stiff rub rail a ladder is your friend. plus the heat gun and rubber mallet. 

strick