Home General Fishing

boca grande pass up to rt 41 fishing in late dec

cunamaracunamara Posts: 2 Greenhorn
i will be boat fishing from boca grande pass ,tru port charlotte,east/west wall up to rt 41 bridge last 2 weeks in december any suggestions-anything you can tell me is great... know allot depends on water temps at the time but any general info would be helpfu/great...Also.. hows is the off the beache( boca grande/gasperilla) fishing that time of year?..thanks

Replies

• Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    If you can get behind the bar on the East wall you will find snook and reds stacked up in the deeper cuts on low tide.....You can pull multiple fish out of the same cut. If you go further up the river past the 75 bridge you can find snook and reds there too. The west wall has a few creeks that produce fish on the outgoing tide at the mouth of the creeks. Whitebait should be plentiful....chum some up and throw out chummers to get the fish active
  • cunamaracunamara Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    thanks jb.. fishing with my son....really appreciate the feedback..trying to learn the area..had a couple guided trips but it seems changes in Charlotte Harbor every month( every day)- which is what i love about it,,,,..still allot to learn and alway will!!....cunamara<'>><