Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Sisters Creek 23-24 Nov 19

artrecord224artrecord224 Posts: 118 Deckhand
edited November 2019 in Northeast Fishing Reports #1
Another good fishing weekend on creeks and marshes bear sisters creek!

11/23: beautiful day. Water temp 60.18.  Winds calm, sunny and warm. Fished the middle of the outgoing, with a steady bite from 3 hours before low until 1 hour before low. My neighbor’s son had fallen in love with fishing, but had never caught a fish. He’s always fishing the river behind the house and comes up to talk to me about fishing, so I took them out to try to get him a tug on the line.  He got more than that, boating 8 specks, and 3 keepers.  We went through 5 dozen live shrimp in a little over 2 hours with a steady bite of mostly 13-14.75 inch trout.  

We all had a great time, and we had the fish cleaned, and the boat cleaned in time to eat the fish for lunch. What a day!

Sunday 11/24, I got to the ramp, and there were 10% as many trucks as the day before. It was colder, and the wind was about 10mph early.  Air temp 55, water temp 58.5ish.  I was fishing solo. Picked through dink trout for a bit, and managed to find 2 just over 15.  Then the redfish got happy, and I quickly got my 2 mid-slot reds (21-23ish).

I had enough for supper, so I looked for someone to give the rest of my live shrimp. Gave them away and came on in.  (With a minor detour to wade through the mud to get my bait bucket that flew out on the way to the ramp. If you saw an idiot in the water over a $5 job bucket, that was me.). Got the fish and boat cleaned and ate the trout for dinner.

The bite is great in the sisters creek area.

tight lines y’all!

Replies