Home Egret Boats

Fiberglass Leaning post (without livewell) vs Seat with room for cooler

Carlton0622Carlton0622 Posts: 9 Greenhorn
Trying to decide which way to go.  Is there storage inside the fiberglass leaning post?  I really like the leaning post that Pathfinder uses but I haven't seen that style put onto the 21 Mocassin.  Thoughts

Replies

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
    If you ever think of selling the boat for resale purposes I would go with the leaning post live well setup for sure.It's one of the biggest selling points of the boat. Food for thought! B)
  • TXWahooTXWahoo Posts: 554 Officer
    edited November 2019 #3
    I assume you mean besides the seat tray under the cushion.  You can stuff some things under the seat tray but it not designed as stroage under the tray.  If the leaning post without the live well does not have the seat tray then I wouldn't even consider it.  If it does, then its up to you but that but big round livewell near the center of the boat that you don't have to bend over to get bait out of is a huge selling point.

I could live wihtout the live well on the stern.  I would not choose to be without the one in the leaning post.  Now, if Frank will put that big round live well in the place of the one on the stern (like the East Cape bay boat) then you could have that and a leaning post like the Pathfinder.
  • BlindboyBlindboy Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    I have a 21 with a fiberglass leaning post but no live well. I'm never going to fish live bait - and this is my last boat (wahahahaha). As stated above there is a tray - may be 6" deep. The rest is an empty box. I think Frank put a fire extinguisher in there. Its too narrow and deep to be of use (to me anyway). I wish I'd have gone with the tubular Pathfinder/Taco style leaning post with space for a yeti underneath because it would use the space better and look better. Having said that I don't like the one that Frank has and uses on a small % of Mocassins.