Home General Hunting

Big Cypress Gun season

13»

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,685 Admiral
    It's easy..just convince yourself You are the Top Tier Predator.
    You ARE and everything runs away from you.
    When I walk into the woods in the morning..I Own the Woods.
    and I'm not there to pet anything...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • gladesmangladesman Posts: 1,362 Officer
    spangler said:
    I always have a walking stick scouting but when hunting it's too cumbersome.  I want bow/gun in hand ready to go.
    With a rifle in one hand the stick can become a steady rest for an offhand shot - it's steadier for me w/stick than w/o. Actually drilled a hole in the end of one of my cypress sapling walking sticks that accepted the sling stud below the forearm of my rifle- works well as can be. When traversing rocky marl prairies for many hundreds of yards a day in Big C the stick is the way to go from my perspective. 
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,389 Captain
    I always try to walk softly and carry a big stick.
  • MynkiMynki UKPosts: 11 Greenhorn
    Big Mak said:
    "Cougars" have great potential to be hazardous to your health! 
    It ain't the Florida panthers or the black bears you need to worry about in BC. It's those Florida skunk apes that worry me! 
  • gladesmangladesman Posts: 1,362 Officer
  • tampaspicertampaspicer Posts: 425 Deckhand
    Used to always go into the woods/stand well before daylight. I decided to try something different one year and wait for daylight to slip to where I was hunting. Since that day I've killed numerous deer hunting to my stand. Also my sittings are minimal the colder it is until it starts to warm up in the morning. It's almost as if the deer are nice and warm in their beds at/after daylight and wait for it to warm up and move around.