Home General Paddle Craft

Cooler Weather...Finally

Cooler weather is always good to have...although, sometimes the bite slows down.... Luckily, not this time. 

Replies

• kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 813 Officer
    Very nice video compilation. Most guys get weary, when a YouTube video is posted and won't comment. To each it's own. Keep em coming. Tight Lines---------->
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • Hobie AnglerHobie Angler Posts: 371 Deckhand
    Very nice video compilation. Most guys get weary, when a YouTube video is posted and won't comment. To each it's own. Keep em coming. Tight Lines---------->
    Understand perfectly!  Good to see you are on KayakFrank!  Thank you for watching.
  • carvedtonescarvedtones ncPosts: 34 Deckhand
    Agree - nice video.  As far as video weariness, it's the unedited or poorly edited stuff that drives me nuts. Poor camera placement. Fishing as badly as I do. Etc, etc etc. This video has none of that. Very nice!
    Agree - nice video.  As far as video weariness, it's the unedited or poorly edited stuff that drives me nuts. Poor camera placement. Fishing as badly as I do. Etc, etc etc. This video has none of that. Very nice!
    Carvedtones, I'm with you on that.  It is not an easy task. Keeping the camera pointing in the right direction is hard enough as is when you are on the water.  I enjoy being able to  capture the moment to bring it home and share with others... Can't wait to get back out there.  Seems like every trip is a new adventure and you never know what you're going to find!  😎👍
    Thank you for watching.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,343 Moderator
    Hobie Angler, I admire your dedication to the filming and posting. Kudos to you.
    I gave up hope on making a kayak fishing channel for lack of content. People overlook how challenging it can be to film, fish, and produce vids.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 3,367 Captain
    Nice action, That Flounder looks delicious!  Awesome that there were no mosquitos.  The one time I went there, I got bit up pretty well.  I noticed you were well covered up, and thought that might not just be for sun, but just in case of bugs also?  Do you ever use a thermacell when the bugs are bad?  If so, does that work well?
    jcanracer said:
    Hobie Angler, I admire your dedication to the filming and posting. Kudos to you.
    I gave up hope on making a kayak fishing channel for lack of content. People overlook how challenging it can be to film, fish, and produce vids.
    If nothing else, it can be very time consuming....but I enjoy every second of it.  The key to it is spending enough time on the water...you just never know when the big one is going to hit.  Hope to get back out there soon again. 
    Nice action, That Flounder looks delicious!  Awesome that there were no mosquitos.  The one time I went there, I got bit up pretty well.  I noticed you were well covered up, and thought that might not just be for sun, but just in case of bugs also?  Do you ever use a thermacell when the bugs are bad?  If so, does that work well?
    John,  you are right on that one. Protection from the sun is important, but...Bugs are the main reason for the cover up.  🦟 mosquitoes are not the ones I'm worried about, as much. The little No-see-ums are the ones to fear the most...believe it or not.  Been out there a couple of times and had them on me, so thick, I almost had to jump off the kayak into the water.  Those things will get under your clothes and leave you hurting for days. The combination of clothing and secret bug spray keeps them off pretty well.  The big secret is not really a secret but Victoria Secret's "Amber Romance".  That stuff works great. I may come home after a day of fishing, smelling like a girl but at least I'm not itching(****). 😛👍
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 3,367 Captain
    John,  you are right on that one. Protection from the sun is important, but...Bugs are the main reason for the cover up.  🦟 mosquitoes are not the ones I'm worried about, as much. The little No-see-ums are the ones to fear the most...believe it or not.  Been out there a couple of times and had them on me, so thick, I almost had to jump off the kayak into the water.  Those things will get under your clothes and leave you hurting for days. The combination of clothing and secret bug spray keeps them off pretty well.  The big secret is not really a secret but Victoria Secret's "Amber Romance".  That stuff works great. I may come home after a day of fishing, smelling like a girl but at least I'm not itching(****). 😛👍
    "Amber Romance"  thanks for sharing the secret.  I guess that is a notch up from Avon "Skin So Soft"?  I will have to try it out.