Home General Paddle Craft

Can 2 paddlers have 2 reds in one fish bag?

Going to be down around Sebastian camping at Long Point in 2 or 3 months. There will be three of us and we won't keep more than we will have for dinner, so we will likely just use one fish bag. About the only thing we might go over a one man limit on is reds. Is this allowed if the other paddlers are right there within shouting distance?

Replies

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,541 Admiral
    I wouldn't do it.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,982 Captain
    It's about possession, If two were on one yak, yes. Otherwise no.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,347 Admiral
    It is splitting hairs.I fish with a guy on the Sheriffs Department and he takes his catch bag sometime. I have added my legal catch to it and have been stopped by FWC without any problems. If you are fishing together it is a matter of common sense.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• krashkrash Posts: 686 Officer
    You can't trust that all LEO officers and/or departments will use common sense... I would not test the theory. Posession is posession. Some LEO will write a ticket and say if you want to protest take it up with a judge, and others will say nice catch.

Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • carvedtonescarvedtones ncPosts: 34 Deckhand
    Thanks. I will likely err on the side of caution or go ahead and put some ice in a small bag (insulated shopping bag) that I carry. It's just not very big; more suitable for a mess of panfish. I will be on SUP and actually sitting on a cooler but mostly as a dry box and carrying lunches.