Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Our beloved woodsrunner

Replies

• AnchorbaitAnchorbait FloridaPosts: 134 Deckhand
    Appreciate the updates..
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,304 AG
    still praying for him and his family..

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 926 Officer
    Thanks for sharing updates.  Still praying. Hospice does good about easing pain and a lot of other stuff. I remember a lot of his stories.  The vidalia and Texas onion.      Sgt York and what gun he had.    Different kinds of wood stories. Like the timbers on that wood ship off of Dog island that got uncovered by hurricane Michael.  A wealth of knowledge.  He would have a couple of PHDs with his wealth of knowledge 
  • Old DogOld Dog Posts: 558 Officer
    I hope you are up and out of the rack soon shipmate. Sending one up  to the Great Healer.
    OD
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 8,748 Admiral
    edited October 2019 #38
    Prayers for you Mr. Rich.  I still have Sally & she is doing good.  She has gotten a lot bigger & fatter she eats like a horse.
    If I can get someone to show me how I'll post a  picture of her.  I don't know how to get a pic from phone to email.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,807 Admiral
    If you email it to me, I’ll try to post it. But he doesn’t get on here much. I’ll show it to him
    [email protected]
    You should have been here yesterday
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    Prayers sent.
    God, Bless Rich “Woodsrunner”.
    Amen.
    God, save the South!
  • bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
    I was thinking of him just this morning, and missing his frequent posts. Good thoughts heading his way, he is a true gentleman and I wish I got to meet him and get to know him.
    edited October 2019 #42
    salty pictures sent.

• JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,517 Captain
    edited October 2019 #44
    Woodsrunner, I hope that we meet some day. I’m happy and sad for you in some sort of weird way. I’ll keep praying for you brother. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,347 Admiral

Woodsrunner, my entire family is praying for you. In this time and under these tough circumstances you continue to show the dignity and class that you have always graced us and this forum with. You are one great individual. A person that we have been gifted to know even if it was only through the words you have written on this forum. I too wish I had the honor of meeting you in person and getting to know you as a friend. You have my ultimate respect. God bless you. In the meantime I am praying for a miracle.

• swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    Woodsrunner sir, you are truly a person of character and have shared much to everyone on and off this forum I’m sure. I plan to plant a few Longleafs in your name regardless of how this illness plays out. Peace and prayers....
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 14,473 Moderator
    Hey Rich. Always on my mind.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 15,402 AG
    **** dusty in here....I wish you all the best Woodsrunner, I loved reading your posts and I pray you find peace and comfort with close friends and family.   
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • rwatsonrwatson floridaPosts: 12 Greenhorn
    Been wanting to write this for awhile now. I have been on this forum just about since it began and have asked Woodsrunner numerous questions about how to plant pines and what type. He has always given me the best advice and I appreciate all he has done for everyone on here. Woods I am also a Mason and I appreciate your outlook on this and as you said it doesn't need to be discussed further. I don't know if you remember this but several years ago, maybe 6 or 8 I was looking for a permit for Pine Log WMA. We had never met (and still haven't) but you went out of your way and got me a permit from the forestry guy there I believe and I will always appreciate that. With that being said I just want to thank you for all you have done for everyone on here and wish the best in these troubling times. 
  • GANDERGANDER Posts: 393 Deckhand
    edited October 2019 #50
    Mr. Rich,

Though not a “regular” to the forum I’ve always enjoyed and appreciated the wisdom you’ve shared with those collected here. You’ve led a tremendous life and I’m betting on you to have more years of labor and harvest ahead! 
    Thank you for your service to our nation both in your military career and, perhaps more importantly, in your professional forestry career by helping to heal the damage done to ecosystems by the ignorant and greedy. You’ve inspired me with your stories of planting and harvest, of finding new and rewarding things to do to keep learning and  contributing to a community both near and far. That being older doesn’t mean you work less, but work more at what you truly love! 
    I hope this is but another bump in the road of life for you and you’ll soon be stronger and back to bring us more of your great stories! 
    Gander 
    That's good news about his new meds.  I hope he continues to improve.
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 2,050 Captain
    Salty, 
    Thank you again for the updates. 
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 2,056 Captain
    I spoke to mr Rich yesterday. He truly sounded better than he did 2 weeks ago. His new meds are really improving his quality of life. I wouldn’t have believed how much it helped until I saw it with my own eyes. He always insists that I let everyone know how much he appreciates y’all ( why he is concerned with us, this band of misfits, I won’t understand) but we are so lucky that he takes his time to teach us about so many things, and genuinely cares about us. 
    Thanks for the update Salty. Keep them coming. Truly good news this morning. 
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,851 AG
    Glad to hear this.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    TTT Lots of love and prayers your way..
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 4,381 Captain
    Prayers for woods and his family.
  • publichunterpublichunter Posts: 1,180 Officer
    If I had the chance to meet and talk with one person I've encountered in many years here it would be you.  You have been one of the greatest contributors of knowledge on this forum and I thank you for the years of participation.   I have learned a great deal from you.  
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 4,320 Captain
    I’m sorry to hear it. I was close to finding him a bulldog puppy but I think he must have took a turn about the time I was trying to get him in contact with the breeder. 

He will continue to be in my prayers. 
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,517 Captain
    edited October 2019 #60

Woods, I’ll make sure to teach my son what you have taught me/us about pines over the years. We’re blessed to hunt a few stands. Hope you enjoy the pics. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,807 Admiral

Woods, I’ll make sure to teach my son what you have taught me/us about pines over the years. We’re blessed to hunt a few stands. Hope you enjoy the pics. 
    I’m going up there today, I’ll make sure he sees these pics
    You should have been here yesterday