Navionics

LouDLouD Posts: 168 Deckhand
Although I have my waypoints in my chart plotter, Garmin app on my computer and in my handheld GPS there are time when I'm away from these devices and want to access the information. I have the Navionics App on my phone but I've not bought any maps because I do all my fishing offshore. Can I download my waypoints from my computer to the Navionics app on my phone for free? If so, how?

Replies

• mikenavmikenav Posts: 797 Officer
    Just so I'm clear on what you are trying to do. You have a Garmin unit on your boat and those waypoints are synced with the Garmin app on your computer. Now you are trying to move the waypoints from that app on the computer to the Navionics app on your phone. Is that correct? Which plotter do you have?
  • LouDLouD Posts: 168 Deckhand
    I have a Lowrance and a Garmin
    If your waypoints are on the Lowrance you can transfer them to the Navionics app on your phone. BUT there are a couple of things you need to have to do that. First, your plotter needs to be a Lowrance HDS Carbon, HDS Gen3 or Elite Ti and the software needs to be updated. Then you need to have an up-to-date Navionics+ or Platinum+ card in the unit. 

With those two conditions met, you can transfer routes, markers and waypoints from the Lowrance to your phone and vice versa.

How to transfer routes and markers

>From plotter to mobile app

Save all the Routes and Markers you have on your plotter to your Navionics card (Go to your plotter > Home > Files > Waypoints, Routes, Trails and trip database > Export > Select GPX file format > Export > Memory Card > OK > Create a new file or select an existing file).

• On plotter, turn on the Wi-Fi network (Menu > Settings > Wireless > Wireless Devices > Tap on “Internal Wireless” > Write down or tap on ‘Network Key’ to change the password to your liking).

• On mobile, go to your device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your plotter’s Wi-Fi network. Open your Boating app and wait for the connection to the plotter and automatic transfer to begin. Once completed, you can access Routes and Markers in your Boating app from Menu > Archive. Markers will also be visible on the map.

>From mobile app to plotter

• On mobile, go to your device Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your plotter’s Wi-Fi network. Make sure that either a Navionics is inserted in your plotter. Open your Navionics Boating app. A pop-up will inform you as soon as your mobile device is connected to the plotter.  A transfer process from mobile app to plotter card will start.

• On your plotter, follow the procedure to save data from the card to your plotter archive folder (Go to your plotter > Home > Files > Memory Card > Archive. Then select items you want to transfer and click Import). Go back to Home > Waypoints/Routes > Select items and click Show.

Also, did a little more digging and found that you can export your waypoints via Garmin's Active Captain. Export them in gpx format and then import them into your Navionics app via gpx transfer.

I have never done this, so I can't really help you any more than that. But, apparently, it's possible. Hope this helps a little.