Cocoa Beach

Fished next to the pier, on the out going tide, today. First cast out, 21.5" redfish, about ten minutes later had a sheepie on but lost it right at the surf line. Other than that, 2 small redfish, less than 12 inches, 1 small pompano. Everything caught on shrimp or sand fleas.

The shrimp I was using was frozen and I was peeling the shell off, Does it make a difference using frozen compared to fresh/live shrimp?

Thanks, Craig

P.S. Sorry, This should have been under reports.

Replies

• ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,663 Captain
    Craig fresh shrimp usually work better then frozen. I think the main reason is the scent they give off as well as it being firmer. I was at Sebastian Inlet on Saturday and my girlfriend caught a 3 1/2 lb Pompano on frozen non peeled shrimp. When i went to rebait the hook I was taking off the shell and she said why are you doing that I just caught one with the shell on.:huh. Moral of story is try it different ways. Good luck and tight lines.
  • DudeDude Posts: 1,789 Officer
    Sounds like you are doing o.k. to me. Keep it up!
    DUDE!
    2meanfish1.gif
  • ctf1969ctf1969 Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info guys.
    Didn't make it out today(Wednesday) went and did the family thing playing tourist. Definetely going to be out for awhile tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, Craig