Home General Hunting

Bonus bird!

2»

Replies

• Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,389 Captain
    Nice public land bird!
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,990 Captain
    Crossbowhunter4life......

I can suggest a good surgeon if you need it for your shoulder. 
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,498 Officer
    H20dad said:

H20 mommy, I won’t take any recommendations from you. Your reputation on this forum speaks for itself!
    H20dad said:

H20 mommy, I won’t take any recommendations from you. Your reputation on this forum speaks for itself!
    Just protecting him from you....
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,654 Captain
    H20dad said:

His surgeon is probably not-really-technically a surgeon but is "just" swapping a surgery for other surgeries....
    Pinman said:
    H20dad said:

His surgeon is probably not-really-technically a surgeon but is "just" swapping a surgery for other surgeries....
    You guys do get that this and your other comments are hugely amusing to me and others.  Your “authoritah” amuses us greatly. 
    edited October 2019 #38
    I crack me up everyday.  They say humor hides a lot of inner pain. I guess its the pain of reading your posts.
  • bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
    Beautiful bird!
  • publichunterpublichunter Posts: 1,180 Officer
    After not having a shot at one two springs in a row, I’ll take one anyway I could get it!...
    Makes it even sweeter.  Again, great bird. 

If you keep the leg quarters they go great in a pressure cooker with collards.  90 minutes on high pressure setting in an Insta-Pot renders them fork tender and you get a bone broth.  Super food.  

Pinman said:
    I crack me up everyday.  They say humor hides a lot of inner pain. I guess its the pain of reading your posts.
    Lol. Read a quote from a saint yesterday that said “pray in thanks to God for those who cause you the chance to suffer.” 
  • jmbradt73jmbradt73 jacksonvillePosts: 8 Deckhand
    Congrats on a fall bird, and I am with you, haven't killed a turkey the past 2 springs either.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,346 AG
    H20dad said:
    Pinman said:
    Lol. Read a quote from a saint yesterday that said “pray in thanks to God for those who cause you the chance to suffer.” 
    Sometimes this makes sense to me.
    Others, I can't see the way through the rage. Like when somebody waits too long before making a left on a green arrow.  But I'm working on it. I've had glimpses of that kind of serenity, enough to know it's out there. Somewhere.  If only all these mother*******s would give me a chance to find it before pissing me off.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    H20dad said:
    Pinman said:
    Sometimes this makes sense to me.
    Others, I can't see the way through the rage. Like when somebody waits too long before making a left on a green arrow.  But I'm working on it. I've had glimpses of that kind of serenity, enough to know it's out there. Somewhere.  If only all these mother*******s would give me a chance to find it before pissing me off.
    I went to pass a woman yesterday on a two lane stretch of road (legal passing zone) who was driving 5-10 miles an hour under the speed limit. She was driving some Chevy muscle type car and got pissed when I went to pass her and sped up then she tried to slow me down. I just chuckled. So many people are driven by ego. 

Well, this morning I rolled up on her on a completely different three lane road and she recognized me. She was again driving in a clueless manner, but her driving got measurably better once she noticed my obvious vehicle. We travelled down the same road for the better part of 5 miles and she is the only driver who has ever kept pace with me. I hope she is a better driver from now on because of it. I doubt it. 

I was saying the rosary while I drove and I think she thought I was cussing her until I smiled and held it up. It’s amazing how many other drivers get pissed off at me for praying while driving. I hold my rosary next to my head so they know I’m not paying any more attention to them than trying to pass them as efficiently as possible. 
  • bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
    god is my co-pilot...says the bumper sticker...not the dead former driver :)
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,346 AG
    Maybe God wanted them back "home" and arranged for it to happen.
    In the big picture, everything is exactly as it should be. 
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • awayaway Posts: 342 Deckhand
    Turkeys are hard enough to kill period. Having to scramble to setup the way you did made it even harder.  Congrats again... Nice bird!
    edited October 2019 #48

Again, congrats on a good hunt and memory bowhunter4life. Don't pay attention to the 2 who say things like "crossbowhunter4life" or "crossbow lol".  Im sure that if you had your preference youd have a strong shoulder and be able to draw one back. Some people just have to pee in others Cheerios to make themselves feel better. Sad excuses for human beings really.

I didn't expect publichunter to engage. He probably has me on ignore. Someone tell him that if he wants to debate why shooting a Turkey from a tent "doesn't count" that I will tie 3/4 of my brain behind my back to make it even. Oh, and I don't pronounce my shortened nickname for him "pub" I pronounce it "pub". LOL

I believe people should hunt as they enjoy, as long as it is legal and doesn't cause the quarry undue suffering. Period.

• bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,498 Officer
    It comes with the territory on these forums pinman. Always mostly good like minded hunters sharing information and experiences, and a few who want to not share much of anything and say negative things. Probably the reason most of the people don’t post anything anymore. Trust me, I’m not letting the guide that’s in denial ruin my day!..# anyweaponhunter4life!😁
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    I'm suspecting a turkey in the fall by any means is a nice accomplishment.  Lot's of people on here comment on them disappearing and where do they go?  Nice bird too!
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.